Femmes - Verdi, Puccini, Massenet
On the new album 'Femmes', her forth for ATMA Classics, Canadian soprano Marie-Josee Lord passionately embodies heroines from operas by Puccini, Verdi, and Massenet, accompanied by the Orchestre Symphonique de Laval under the direction of Alain Trudel.
Among other honours, Marie-Josée Lord won the Prix d'Excellence de la Culture, awarded by the Fondation de l'Opéra de Québec in 2005; the Public Prize at the Canadian Lyric Fund Competition in 2001 and the Raoul- Jobin Prize in 1998. She was chosen to represent Canada at two prestigious concerts during the Cardiff Singers of the World competition in 2005. Her first solo CD, recorded with the Orchestre Métropolitain and released on the ATMA label in 2010, has been a notable success. It won the Félix prize for best classical vocal album of 2011, was nominated for the JUNO prize in the same category in 2012 and has sold more than 30,000 copies to date.
Founded in 1984, the Orchestre Symphonique de Laval is composed of professional musicians all of whom are graduates of conservatories or universities in Quebec.
Also Available: Amazing Grace (ACD22686) Yo soy Maria (ACD22663 Marie-Josee Lord (ACD22649)
- Verdi: Aida - Ritorna Vincitor / I Sacri nomi di padre, d'amante
- Aida - Qui Radames Verra... O Patria Mia
- Verdi: La Traviata - Prelude à l'Acte 1
- La Traviata - E Strano... Sempre libera
- Puccini: La Boheme - Quando m'en vo
- Puccini: Madama Butterfly - Piangi? Perche? Un bel di
- Puccini: Suor Angelica - Senza mamma
- Massenet: Le Cid - De cet affreux combat ... Pleurez mes yeux
- Massenet: Herodiade - Introduction
- Herodiade - Celui dont la parole... Il est doux, il est bon
- Massenet: Thais - Ah je suis seule enfin! Dis-moi que je suis belle
- Bernstein: West Side Story - Somewhere
Fast delivery & returns worldwide