Lorenzani: Nicandro e Fileno
Le Nouvel Opera and Les Boreades de Montreal have assembled an exceptional group of artists for the first-ever recording of Nicandro e Fileno, a pastoral opera by Paolo Lorenzani (1640-1713) first performed in 1681 before Louis XIV at the palace of Fontainebleau.
Paolo Lorenzani studied composition with Orazio Benevoli. He became in 1675 Maestro di Cappella at the cathedral of Messina, in Sicily. Nicandro e Fileno was the first Italian-language opera to be staged in France since Francesco Cavalli's Ercole amante, which was written to celebrate the marriage of the king in 1660. The manuscript of Nicandro e Fileno is conserved in the Bibliotheque nationale in Paris. Canadian musicologist Albert La France prepared the critical edition of Nicandro e Fileno for the Centre de Musique Baroque de Versailles. Thanks to the initiative of Suzie LeBlanc and Francis Colpron, this opera was restored to life for this recording and for the 2017 performance in Montreal, with stage direction by Marie-Nathalie Lacoursiere.
Le Nouvel Opera is dedicated to the revival of the first operas of the Baroque period. Integrating music, dance and theatre in its productions, the company has been praised for its originality and historical expertise in Canada and abroad. Its first CD, La Conversione di Clodoveo by Antonio Caldara, was released on the ATMA Classique label. The ensemble Les Boreades was founded in 1991 by Francis Colpron and specialises in performing Baroque repertoire with an approach that is authentic both in terms of period performance practice and the use of period instruments.
Artists: Le Nouvel Opera Les Boreades de Montreal Suzie LeBlanc - Soprano Pascale Beaudin - Soprano Philippe Gagne - Tenor Nils Brown - Tenor Dominic Cote - Baritone Jean-Marc Salzmann - Baritone Les Boreades de Montreal Le Nouvel Opera
- Amadis - Ouverture / Prelude
- Nicandro e Fileno Acte 1 / Scene 1, 2, 3 (debut) - Rec et air Che cura molesta!
- Nicandro e Fileno Acte 1 / Scene 3 (suite) - Aria: Guida mi pur Amor
- Nicandro e Fileno Acte 1 / Scene 4, 5 - Vagha Ninfa dei cori
- Nicandro e Fileno Acte 2 / Scene 1 - Aria: Nel mio core amante
- Nicandro e Fileno Acte 2 / Scene 2 - Aria: Alma mia godi
- Nicandro e Fileno Acte 2 / Scene 3 - Rec.: Eco l'infido
- Nicandro e Fileno Acte 2 / Scene 4 - Aria: Amor se nel tuo regno
- Nicandro e Fileno Acte 2 / Scene 4 - Aria: Con inviti lusinghieri
- Nicandro e Fileno Acte 2 / Scene 5 - Aria: Porto in seno in Mongibello
- Nicandro e Fileno Acte 2 / Scene 6 - Aria Cieli, e legge e questa?
- Nicandro e Fileno Acte 3 / Scene 1 - Rec: E cosi và Nicandro
- Nicandro e Fileno Acte 3 / Scene 2 - Aria: Benche doppio stral mi punga
- Nicandro e Fileno Acte 3 / Scene 3 - Rec Filli e l'anma mia
- Nicandro e Fileno Acte 3 / Scene 4 - Rec: Io per Lidio parlero
- Nicandro e Fileno Acte 3 / Scene 5, 6, 7 - Rec Fermati ingrato amante et Aria
- Nicandro e Fileno Acte 3 / Scene 8 - Alternate i suoni, e canti festeggiate al mio bear
- Amadis - Chaconne
Fast delivery & returns worldwide