Albion's Vision: An introduction to the work of Vaughan Williams on Albion Records
An Albion Records sampler album, featuring single tracks from Albion recordings issued up to and including ALBCD021/022 Vaughan Williams: Bursts of Acclamation.
Since its formation in 1994, The Ralph Vaughan Williams Society a registered charity has sought to raise the profile of the composer through publications, seminars and sponsorship of recordings.
With around 1,000 members, the Society created a recording label, Albion Records, in 2007 which is devoted to recordings of rare Vaughan Williams. World première recordings abound among the many beautiful songs to be found on our early recordings, ALB001 Vaughan Williams: The Sky Shall Be Our Roof and ALBCD002 Vaughan Williams Kissing Her Hair. ALBCD009 Vaughan Williams: Music in the Heart includes Vaughan Williams conducting his Serenade to Music. ALBCD012 Vaughan Williams The Garden of Proserpine, a rediscovery of an early work, spent five weeks in The Specialist Classical Chart in 2011 and also reached the Classic FM Top Forty.
Other releases include ALBCD011 Vaughan Williams: Symphony No. 6 arranged for two pianos and ALBCD010 Vaughan Williams: Folk Songs of the Four Seasons. ALBCD013 Vaughan Williams On Christmas Day, a recording of folk songs and folk carols, was a seasonally popular release for Christmas 2011 but is a wonderful recording at any time of year. In 2012, we issued ALBCD015 Vaughan Williams: Sons of the Morning, a recording of piano music by Vaughan Williams and Gurney including the world première of Job, arranged by Vally Lasker. The pianist is Iain Burnside in his first solo recording. In 2013, ALBCD016 Vaughan Williams: The Solent reached No. 4 in the Specialist Classical Chart and remained in the top twenty for many weeks. This record was also nominated for a Grammy Award for 2015 in the Best Classical Compendium category.
- Vaughan Williams: Prelude on an Old Carol Tune
- Vaughan Williams: Folk Songs of the Four Seasons: The Unquiet Grave
- Vaughan Williams: A Cambridge Mass: Offertorium
- Vaughan Williams: Job: Elihus Dance Of Youth And Beauty And Pavane Of The Sons of The Morning
- Vaughan Williams: Six Studies in English Folk Song
- Hadley: Fen & Flood: The Lynn Apprentice
- Vaughan Williams: The New Commonwealth
- Vaughan Williams: Pilgrim's Progress: Watchful's Song (Nocturne)
- Vaughan Williams: Rondel (Kissing her hair I sat against her feet)
- Vaughan Williams: The Wasps: Overture
- Vaughan Williams: Suite for Viola & small orchestra: Carol
- Traditional (arranged Vaughan Williams): Eight Traditional English Carols: The truth sent from above
- Vaughan Williams: Five Tudor Portraits: Jolly Rutterkin
Fast delivery & returns worldwide