Hans Gal & Hans Krasa: Complete String Trios
Having released numerous world-premiere recordings of Hans Gál's symphonic and concertante works to critical acclaimed, Avie turns to the composer's chamber music, specifically the two works he wrote for string trio. Performed by Ensemble Epomeo, the world-premiere recordings of Gál's Serenade for String Trio, Op. 41 and Trio, Op. 104, are paired with works by Gál's contemporary Hans Krása, Tanec and Passacaglia and Fugue. The Austrian-born Gál and Czech-born Krása shared a Jewish heritage, but whereas Gál escaped Nazi oppression, Krása was interred in Theresienstadt where he was instrumental in organizing the cultural life of the concentration camp, then sent to Auschwitz where he perished in 1944. Tanec and Passacaglia and Fugue were written in the last year of his life.
Founded in 2008 on the slopes of Mount Epomeo at the Festivale di Musica da Camera d'Ischia in Italy, Ensemble Epomeo consists of three virtuosi dedicated to the expansion of the string trio repertoire and exciting, innovative and engaging approaches to performance. Ensemble Epomeo are quickly becoming a favourite at international music festivals on both sides of the Atlantic. This release marks their commercial recording debut.
Personnel: Caroline Chin (violin), David Yang (viola), Kenneth Woods (cello)
- HANS GÁL: Serenade in D Op.41 for violin, viola and cello (world premiere recording), I. Capriccioso: Allegro assai
- II. Cantabile: Adagio
- III. Menuetto: Quasi allegretto
- IV. Alla marcia: Vivace e giocoso
- Trio in F sharp minor Op.104 for violin, viola and cello, I. Tranquillo con moto
- II. Presto
- III. Tema con variazioni: Andante - Poco più lento - Allegro - Tempo I - Moderato, alla danza - Tempo I - Alla Marcia
- HANS KRÁSA: Tanec (Dance) for violin, viola and cello, Presto - Etwas ruhiger - Tempo primo
- Passacaglia and Fuga for violin, viola and cello, Passacaglia: Sehr ruhig
- Fuga: Allegro molto
Fast delivery & returns worldwide