Guitar & Fortepiano
Sheila Arnold & Alexander-Sergei Ramirez perform works by Rossini, Carulli, Hummel, Beethoven and Boccherini on period instruments, using a copy of a Biedermeier Fortepiano and the Biedermeier guitar.
Sheila Arnold & Alexander-Sergei Ramirez have been performing in the rare fortepiano/guitar combination for several years. The duo has been invited to a number of festivals including Spannungen in Heimbach, the Villa Domergue Festival in Cannes, the Euriade Festival in the Netherlands, and the Schubertiade in Roskilde (Denmark).
They have also performed recitals in the Torre Tagle Palace (Lima, Peru) and in the presence of members of Japanese Imperial family. They have also made a great number of recordings and live productions for European broadcasting stations (WDR Cologne, Deutschlandfunk, Belgian Radio, and Danish Radio).
Composers including William Bland, Joaquin Clerch, Stephen Goss, Jan van der Roost, and Frank Zabel have written world première works for the duo. Solo recordings of both artists have been issued on Denon, Deutsche Grammophon and CAvi-music.
- Rossini: Duardo E Cristina - Overture
- Carulli: Grand Duo In D Major, Op. 70 I. Moderato
- Carulli: Grand Duo In D Major, Op. 70 II. Largo
- Carulli: Grand Duo In D Major, Op. 70 III. Allegretto Con Poco Moto
- Hummel: Pot-Pourri Pour Piano Et Guitar, Op. 53
- Rossini: Il Barbiere Di Siviglia - Overture
- Beethoven: Variations On A Theme From Mozarts Die Zauberflöte, Op. 169
- Boccherini: Introduction And Fandango
Fast delivery & returns worldwide