Cuarteto SolTango is a well known young band of classical musicians who play from original tango scores. In the year when Astor Piazzolla would have turned 100, it is the perfect time for the group to release 'Mision Tango'.
The Cuarteto SolTango epitomises the next generation of authentic tango, combining the luscious sound of a traditional orquesta típica with the verve of true chamber musicianship. With the unique combination of violin, cello, bandoneón and piano, they connect the Argentine Tango of the "Golden Age" with the tradition of chamber music concerts. They interpret a wide variety of classic tango styles ranging rom icons such as Aníbal Troilo, Juan d'Arienzo and Lucio Demare right up to the pioneers of the Tango Nuevo, Osvaldo Pugliese and Horacio Salgan, in alluring arrangements by Martin Klett.
Since it was founded in 2008, the quartet has been invited to perform repeatedly at the music festivals of Schleswig-Holstein and Oberstdorf, thereby launching their musical brand at outstanding classical venues.
Since then, the four have played at a number of international festivals most recently at the innovative Grachtenfestival in Amsterdam, the Heidelberg Spring and the Studio Concert series at Bavarian Broadcast, Munich.
Following their debut album, they published their second album Cristal in 2015, collaborating with the German National Broadcasting (Deutschlandfunk) and the chamber music label CAvi. Rave reviews by Rondo and The Strad magazines, but also in the Tangodanza magazine proclaim their great success in the classical market as well as the international tango scene. The third album Sin Palabras was released in 2019.
- La Cumparsita In the style of Aníbal Troilo (1943)
- Morena del 900 In the style of Julio de Caro (1942)
- Puro Apronte In the style of Alfredo Gobbi (1949)
- Tigre Viejo In the style of Enrique Francini & Armando Pontier (1947)
- Senores Yo Soy del Centro In the style of Lucio Demare (1944)
- Zamba para Olvidarte In the style of Mercedes Sosa (2009)
- El Puntazo In the style of Juan d'Arienzo (1952)
- Mala Junta In the style of Horacio Salgan (1950)
- El Tobiano In the style of Enrique Francini & Armando Pontier (1952)
- El Andariego In the style of Alfredo Gobbi (1951)
- Si Sos Brujo In the style of Enrique Francini & Armando Pontier (1953)
- Desde el Alma In the style of Horacio Salgan (1953)
- Julie - In the style of Osvaldo Pugliese (1958)
- Coqueta In the style of Orquesta Típica Victor (1929)
- El Chapucero - In the style of Juan dArienzo (1961)
- Don Agustin Bardi In the style of Osvaldo Pugliese (1961)
- Ojos Negros In the style of Quinteto Real (1969)
- Camandulaje In the style of Osvaldo Pugliese (1973)
- Milonga Triste In the style of Edmundo Rivero & Osvaldo Tarantino (1976)
- Chiru In the style of the Sexteto Astillero (2006)
- Una Vez In the style of Osvaldo Pugliese (1946) bonus track