Room To Live (Marble Coloured Vinyl) (2LP)
- 1982 was a decisive year for The Fall. Their critically acclaimed album “Hex Enduction Hour” was released in March on Kamera Records, closely followed by “Room To Live” in September.
- This double LP includes the classic album (“Room To Live”) plus live recordings in Manchester, London, New Zealand, Netherlands and Canada.
- This release is a double vinyl on coloured marble effect vinyl.
- Founded by its only constant member, Mark E. Smith, The Fall formed in Manchester in 1976 and were one of the most prominent post-punk groups in the world. Musically, there may have been several stylistic changes over the years, but it was often characterised by an abrasive guitar-driven sound and frequent use of repetition, always underpinned by Smith's distinctive vocals and often cryptic lyrics.
“They are always different; they are always the same.”
- Room To Live was the fifth studio album by The Fall and was Marc Riley’s last album with the group.
- Featuring the classic line-up of Mark E. Smith alongside Steve Hanley (bass), Craig Scanlon (guitar), Karl Burns (drums), Paul Hanley (drums) and Marc Riley (guitar).
- This is the fifth release in Cherry Red’s series of deluxe Fall reissues – “Fall Sound Archive”
- “Room To Live” and “Hex Enduction Hour” are also available on a 7-CD boxset – “1982” alongside a host of live tracks, sessions, singles etc.
- Joker Hysterical Face
- Marquis Cha-Cha
- Hard Life In Country
- Room To Live
- Detective Instinct
- Solicitor In Studio
- Papal Visit
- Joker Hysterical Face (Bury 27/04/82)
- Town Called Crappy / Solicitor In Studio (London 25/03/82)
- Hard Life In Country (Wellington 19/08/82)
- Detective Instinct (Manchester 22/12/82)
- Room To Live (Rotterdam 12/02/83)
- Words Of Expectation (Toronto 21/04/83)
Fast delivery & returns worldwide