They have chosen pieces that in many ways have the same musical language throughout the CD. That means the listener can listen to recording like to a whole symphony, where the tonal language is the same, still the music presents many different tempi, dynamics and expressions.
Three composers are female and three are male on this hybrid SACD, they include Nadja Boulanger, Lili Boulanger, Germaine Tailleferre, César Franck, Gabriel Fauré and Nino Rota.
Kjell Fagéus, former principal clarinet at the Royal Opera Orchestra in Stockholm, is a versatile musician performing chamber music with Sweden's leading musicians and also appearing as a soloist.
Love Derwinger has given recitals throughout Europe, USA, Canada, Japan, Middle East and South America, and has appeared as soloist with many major orchestras. He has made over forty recordings on the labels BIS, CPO, Arte Verum and others, including his critically acclaimed performances of the original version of the Grieg Piano Concerto, Max Reger's Piano Concerto and Wilhelm Stenhammar´s first Piano Concerto.
Personnel: Kjell Fagéus (clarinet), Love Derwinger (piano).
- César Franck: Prelude, Fugue and Variation op. 18 - Prelude - Andantino
- Fugue - Allegretto ma non troppo
- Variation - Andantino
- César Franck: Mélancolie - Poco lento
- César Franck: Pièce V - Andantino quasi allegretto
- Gabriel Fauré: Vocalise - Vocalise-Étude - Adagio molto tranquillo
- Nadja Boulanger: 3 pieces - No. 1 in e-flat minor - Modéré
- No. 2 in a-flat minor - Sans vitesse et à l'aise
- No. 3 in c-sharp minor - Vite et nerveusement rythmé
- Lili Boulanger: Nocturne - Assez lent
- Lili Boulanger: D'un Matin de Printemps - Assez animé
- Germaine Tailleferre: Adagio
- Germaine Tailleferre: Pastorale - Allegretto
- Germaine Tailleferre: Arabesque
- Nino Rota: Sonata in Re - Allegretto scorrevole
- Andante (quasi adagio)
- Allegro scorrevole
Fast delivery & returns worldwide