Fiction Tales Expanded
- THE SEMINAL 1981 ALBUM BY MODERN EON RELEASED ON CD FOR THE FIRST TIME!
- LONG OUT OF PRINT.
- COMPLETE WITH SINGLE AND EP TRACKS, B-SIDES AND FOUR PREVIOUSLY UNRELEASED RECORDINGS.
- PRODUCED IN CONJUNCTION WITH THE BAND.
- WITH SLEEVE NOTES BY ANDREW KEELING, AUTHOR OF THE MUSICAL GUIDE TO MODERN EON.
Having formed in Liverpool in 1978; built around the collaborative dynamics of Alix Plain and Danny Hampson, Modern Eon burned brightly but briefly, issuing a run of singles and the remarkable album ‘Fiction Tales’ before disbanding prior to the recording of a second long player.
Distinctly different from most of their post-punk peers, the band were musically ambitious and adventurous, willing to experiment and inclined towards the poetic and the profound – qualities which attracted a significant audience as the music world looked around for whatever was to come next – and their cult popularity remains.
Issued on CD for the first time, this expanded and remastered edition of ‘Fiction Tales’ features a collection of complementary single versions, B-sides and previously unreleased recordings made in 1982, immediately prior to the band’s demise.
Compiled with both Alix and Danny, and accompanied by extraordinarily detailed sleevenotes by Andrew Keeling, this is a long overdue re-evaluation of a lost classic.
- SECOND STILL
- THE GRASS STILL GROWS
- WATCHING THE DANCERS
- REAL HYMN
- WAITING FOR THE CAVALRY
- HIGH NOON
- CHILD'S PLAY
- IN A STRANGE WAY
- SECOND STILL (1979 VERSION)
- CHOREOGRAPHY (1979 VERSION)
- EUTHENICS (1980 VERSION)
- WAITING FOR THE CAVALRY (1980 VERSION)
- CARDINAL SIGNS
- MECHANIC (SINGLE VERSION)
- AFTER THE PARTY*
- AFTER THE PARTY (DUB)*
- AFTER THE PARTY (DUB) (2021 MIX)*
- GARLAND LEAVES*
Fast delivery & returns worldwide