The Blue Meaning (Expanded Deluxe Digipak) (2CD+DVD)
- Cherry Red Records is delighted to announce the newly remastered and expanded release of Toyah’s 1980 album “The Blue Meaning”, the second in a reissue programme of Toyah’s entire Safari Records catalogue.
- Produced by Steve James with arrangements by Steve James and ‘Toyah’ the band (Joel Bogen, Pete Bush, Toyah Willcox, Steve Bray and Charlie Francis), the album reached number 1 on the UK Independent Album Chart and charted in the main UK Top 40 album chart in June 1980.
- Includes the early original version of ‘It’s A Mystery’ by Blood Donor feat Toyah Willcox that a ‘new’ line-up of Toyah ‘the band’ went on to record and enjoy their first hit single with in 1981.
- The album features the ultimate fan favourite ‘Ieya’ considered a signature song by the band, which was also released as a single.
- This album also includes ‘Blue Meanings’, ‘Mummies’ and the psychedelic ‘Spaced Walking’ for which Toyah’s vocals were recorded after inhaling helium.
THIS PUNK/NEW WAVE CLASSIC ALBUM IS BEING RE-ISSUED IN TWO FORMATS AND THIS EXPANDED DELUXE SET FEATURES:
- 2CD+1DVD digipak with a fully illustrated 24-page booklet containing a brand new introductory note from Toyah, plus rare and unseen imagery including album cover outtakes taken at Wykehurst Place, a gothic revival mansion in Bolney, Sussex.
- This expanded edition features 27 remastered bonus tracks including single mixes, live tracks, rarities and unheard demos. Amongst the 20 previously unreleased tracks are the final recordings made by this band line-up including ‘Silence Won’t Do’ and ‘Jack & Jill’, as seen being recorded on the 1980 ITV documentary “Toyah” and have been long awaited by fans for forty years. The very first demo of ‘Angels & Demons’ recorded at Eel Pie Studios, an Alternate Vocal take of ‘Blue Meanings’ with the previously unheard original longer song outro and three tracks recorded live at the ICA London all make their release debuts.
- A sleevenote by Toyah’s archivist Craig Astley with input from Toyah Willcox and Joel Bogen which for the first time chronicles the creation of the album and reveals the recording origins of the bonus material.
- Includes a DVD (NTSC/Region Free) containing three brand new features with Toyah Willcox; an interview about the album/period, a track-by-track album commentary plus an exclusive acoustic three-song session of songs from the era – all filmed October 2020.
- Spaced Walking
- Blue Meanings
- Tiger! Tiger!
- Love Me
- Silence Wont Do*
- Jack & Jill*
- Cotton Vest
- The Merchant & The Nubile
- Danced (Session Version)
- Last Goodbye (Session Version)*
- Love Me (Session Version)*
- Ieya (Single Version)
- Helium Song (Spaced Walking)^
- Love Me (Live At Ica London)*
- Waiting (Live At Ica London)*
- Ieya (Live At Ica London)*
- Blue Meanings (Alternate Vocal)*
- She (Alternate Vocal)*
- Spaced Walking (Helium Acapella)*
- Ghosts (Instrumental)*
- Mummies (Instrumental)*
- Vision (Instrumental)*
- Silence Won't Do (Alternate Vocal)*
- Jack & Jill (Alternate Vocal)*
- The Merchant & The Nubile (Alternate Vocal)*
- Its A Mystery (Original Version) By Blood Donor Feat. Toyah Willcox
- Angels & Demons (Demo)*
- Youre My Hero (Demo)
- Sphinx (Instrumental Demo)*
- Walkie Talkie(Instrumental Demo)*
- Anthem (Instrumental Demo)*
- The Story Behind The Album:Toyah Interview 2020
- Track By Track Album Commentary: Toyah Interview 2020
- Ghosts: Acoustic Session 2020
- Blue Meanings: Acoustic Session 2020
- Ieya: Acoustic Session 2020
- Danced: Friday Night, Saturday Morning 28/11/1980
- Mummies: Friday Night, Saturday Morning 28/11/1980
Fast delivery & returns worldwide