The Sun Records Rock N Roll Collection
CELEBRATING SUN RECORDS - THE LABEL WHERE ROCK 'N' ROLL WAS BORN !
The Rock 'n' Roll Collection features 40-songs from the most important record label in the history of music, with every one newly remastered from the original Sun Records master tapes. A comprehensive introduction to some of the most iconic and influential music ever recorded.
Following its sell-out success as a limited-edition orange vinyl double LP exclusive to UK retailer Sainsbury's, Charly Records have bowed to demand and repressed 'The Sun Records Rock 'n' Roll Collection' on 180-gram audiophile black vinyl and made it available to all UK and European retailers.
Elvis Presley introduced the rockabilly sound to the world in 1954 with the recordings he made at Sun Records. These epitomised the famous "Sun sound" and set the scene for the rock 'n' roll explosion to follow. This raw and exciting new sound was a remarkable fusion of white country music and black R&B and quickly found an eager audience with the youth of the day. Presley's extraordinary success at Sun Records led to the tiny Memphis-based label becoming a magnet for aspiring rockabilly singers from all over America's South. Despite a relatively short heyday, that "Sun sound" has endured the test of time and remains as popular as ever with listeners of all age groups.
As well as featuring Elvis and such other household names as Jerry Lee Lewis, Johnny Cash, Carl Perkins, Charlie Rich and Roy Orbison, the gatefold-sleeved double-album also includes significant contributions from the label's other important artists such as: Billy Lee Riley, Sonny Burgess, The Miller Sisters, Warren Smith, Malcolm Yelvington, Jimmy Wages, and Earl Hooker.
Includes such all-time rock 'n' roll classics as: Mystery Train, That's All Right, Blue Suede Shoes, Great Balls Of Fire, I Walk The Line, Yakety Yak, Rock Island Line, Good Rockin' Tonight, Red Hot, Ooby Dooby, Whole Lotta Shakin' Goin' On and many more !
- Elvis Presley "Good Rockin' Tonight" ( 02:13 )
- Carl Perkins "Blue Suede Shoes" ( 02:16 )
- Jerry Lee Lewis "High School Confidential" ( 02:31 )
- Johnny Cash "Get Rhythm" ( 02:13 )
- Roy Orbison "Ooby Dooby" ( 02:11 )
- Elvis Presley "I'm Left, You're Right, She's Gone" ( 02:38 )
- Carl Perkins "Dixie Fried" ( 02:52 )
- Billy Lee Riley "Flyin' Saucers Rock N Roll" ( 02:03 )
- Sonny Burgess "We Wanna Boogie" ( 02:22 )
- Roy Orbison "Claudette" ( 01:57 )
- Jerry Lee Lewis "Great Balls Of Fire" ( 01:51 )
- Johnny Cash "Cry ! Cry ! Cry !" ( 02:23 )
- Carl Perkins "Honey, Don't" ( 02:45 )
- Charlie Rich "Rebound" ( 01:55 )
- Jerry Lee Lewis "Ubangi Stomp" ( 01:45 )
- Warren Smith "Red Cadillac And A Black Moustache" ( 02:41 )
- Elvis Presley "Baby Let's Play House" ( 02:17 )
- Carl Perkins "Boppin' The Blues" ( 02:49 )
- Johnny Cash "Ballad Of A Teenage Queen" ( 02:09 )
- Roy Orbison "Go ! Go ! Go ! ( Down The Line )" ( 02:06 )
- Elvis Presley "Mystery Train" ( 02:24 )
- Carl Perkins "Put Your Cat Clothes On" ( 02:45 )
- Jerry Lee Lewis "Whole Lotta Shakin' Goin' On" ( 02:52 )
- Carl Perkins "Movie Magg" ( 02:13 )
- The Miller Sisters "Tens Cats Down" ( 02:18 )
- Malcolm Yelvington "Yakety Yak" ( 02:36 )
- Johnny Cash "I Walk The Line" ( 02:40 )
- Jerry Lee Lewis "Crazy Arms" ( 03:43 )
- Jimmy Wages "Miss Pearl" ( 02:33 )
- Charlie Rich "Whirlwind" ( 02:05 )
- Elvis Presley "That's All Right" ( 01:56 )
- Johnny Cash "Folsom Prison Blues" ( 02:48 )
- Jerry Lee Lewis "Wild One ( Real Wild Child )" ( 01:50 )
- Billy Lee Riley "Red Hot" ( 02:29 )
- Johnny Cash "Rock Island Line" ( 02:09 )
- Jerry Lee Lewis "Drinkin' Wine Spo-Dee-O-Dee" ( 02:33 )
- Carl Perkins "Pink Pedal Pushers" ( 02:35 )
- Roy Orbison "Cat Called Domino" ( 02:13 )
- Carl Perkins "Matchbox" ( 02:07 )
- Earl Hooker "The Hucklebuck" ( 03:04 )
Fast delivery & returns worldwide