Psalms And Praise Songs From The Middle German Baroque
Compact Disc (Audio)
No of Discs:
The alto David Erler works with many renowned conductors such as Laurence Cummings, Philippe Herreweghe, Jos van Immerseel, Ton Koopman, Hans-Christoph Rademann, to name but a few. Now, accompanied by the ensemble L'arpa festante under the direction of Rien Voskuilen, he presents his first solo CD. The programme includes sacred music from the Central German Baroque period - psalms and hymns of praise by little-known composers such as Johann Christoph Schmidt, Johann Theile, Johann Karl Briegel and completely anonymous composers, which provide new evidence of the high musical level at the churches of this period in Central Germany.
- Johann Christoph Schmidt: Bonum Est Confiteri Domino
- Anonymous: Gedenke, Herr, An Deine Barmherzigkeit
- Georg Bleyer: Partita A 4 A La Francoise In G-Moll
- Johann Theile: Was Betrubst Du Dich, Meine Seele
- Wolfgang Carl Briegel: Chiacon 'Amor Jesu Dulcissimus'
- Wolfgang Carl Briegel: Sonata In A
- Anonymous: Lobet Den Herrn, Alle Heiden
- Anonymous: Magnificat
Fast delivery & returns worldwide