The Beat Of The Breath
Compact Disc (Audio)
No of Discs:
The new album from tin-whistle virtuoso, Brian Hughes, who is widely considered as one of the best tin whistle players of his generation. 'The Beat of the Breath' is Brian Hughes's second album on the Clo lar - Chonnacht label. The first, 'Whirlwind' (CICD164), was released in 2006 to widespread critical acclaim. As on Whirlwind, Brian Hughes is joined again by guest musicians, Donnchadh Gough (Danu) and Garry O Briain. New collaborators, the guest musicians, Sean McElwain (Teada) and David Day, join Brian on this latest album. Brian Hughes is from Athy in County Kildare. His earliest introduction to music was through his grandfather, Christy Bracken, a noted bagpipe player, who passed his love of traditional music to his grandson. As well as the tin whistle, Brian also has a great interest in the flute and the uilleann pipes and was a regular visitor to the Pipers' Club on Henrietta Street, Dublin, in his youth. Brian has always been an avid collector of tunes, old and new .
- Reels: The Maple Leaf; Bag of Spuds; The Primrose Lass.
- Slip Jigs: Boys of Ballisodare; Top It Off
- Jigs: Paidin O'Raifearta; Sliabh Russell
- Hornpipes: The Plane of the Plank; The Pleasure of Hope
- Reels: The Roscommon Reel; Ah Surely.
- Slow Air: Taimse im Chodladh.
- Polkas: The Maid of Ardagh; Tuarmore; Manys A Wild Night.
- March & Jig: O'Sullivan's March; Coolinarne; Jackson's Morning Breeze.
- Reels: Caher Rua; Dan Breens; Now She's Purring
- Jigs: Happy to Meet; Billy McCornack's; Troy's Wedding.
- Slow Air: Slan le Magh
- Reels: The Maids of Mount Cisco; The Lady on the Island.
- Slides: The Bicycle; Johnny O'Leary's; The Dirty Treetles
- Jigs: Tar Road to Sligo; Grainia's Welcome Home; The Drakes o f Kildare
Fast delivery & returns worldwide