Rauzzini: Opera Arias and Scenes
This album boasts wonderful performances of operatic works by Rauzzini. Sopranos Meredith Hall and Stefanie True are accompanied by renowned period instrument orchestra Capella Savaria, conducted by Mary Terey-Smith.
Venanzio Rauzzini (1746-1810) enjoyed a triple-threat career as a singer, composer and concert director. He began his career in Rome where, as a boy, he was a member of the Sistine Chapel Choir. He made his opera debut as a castrato in 1765, portraying a female character in Piccinni's 'Il Finto Astrologo'. In 1767 he sang at the Viennese court, where he was heard by Mozart. Mozart offered Rauzzini a role in Lucio Silla and also composed the motet Exsultate jubilate for him. After a successful career, Rauzzini moved to Britain, settling in Bath, where he became a prolific composer and Director of the New Assembly Room Concerts in 1781. He died in 1810 and was buried in Bath Abbey.
- Rauzzini: Piramo e Tisbe, a dramatic cantata 1. Sinfonia
- 2. In vanti struggi in pianto
- 3. Piramo, Ah! dove sei?
- 4. Pur ti riveggo alfine!
- 5. Ma quale nume amico
- 6. Ah, Tisbe, per pieta
- 7. Per pieta deh, calma o cara
- Oh deluse speranze!
- Fuggiam dove sicura
- Son pur giunta una volta!
- Infelice! In tanto orrore
- Gracie al ciel! La prevenni
- Cosi tranquilla e cheta
- M'a s'avvanza la notte!
- Deh, non varcal quell' onda
- Le Ali D'amore - Da cento affanni e cento
- Le Ali D'amore - Del mio core i dolce affetti
- Le Ali D'amore - Ah se perdo il caro bene
- LEroe Cinese - Calma, bella Lisinga
- LEroe Cinese - Porgi o caro
Fast delivery & returns worldwide