- 8 tracks new to CD
- Includes numerous major Jamaican hits
- First reissue of this classic 1971 album in its original artwork
After making his name in the late Sixties as a singer and producer, fronting popular Jamaican vocal trio, the Federals, David ‘Scotty’ Scott enjoyed further success leading the Chosen Few singing quartet before demonstrating his talents as a DJ, with a series of hugely popular 7” singles for leading Kingston music maker, Derrick Harriott.
Early hits included ‘Sesame Street’, ‘Riddle I This’, ‘Children Children’ and the smash, ‘Draw Your Brakes’, which was further showcased in Perry Henzell’s highly acclaimed cult classic movie, “The Harder They Come”.
In response to the widespread popularity of the singer-come-DJ’s work, Harriott issued a best-selling long player, “School-Days”, which showcased Scotty’s aforementioned hits alongside previous unissued tracks, with the collection released internationally in 1971 by the world’s leading Jamaican music enterprise, Trojan Records.
Now, at long last, the album is finally reissued in its original artwork on CD, with its track-listing bolstered by the remainder of Scotty’s singles for Harriott, plus the B-sides of each of his 7” singles, all of which make their CD debut.
“School-Days” is a welcome reminder of this hugely popular artist’s talent as a DJ and should be an essential purchase for fans of vintage reggae, cool rock steady and classic Jamaican toasting sounds.
- Draw Your Brakes
- Children Children
- Penny For Your Song
- Jam Rock Style
- I Worry
- Musical Chariot
- Sing Along
- Sesame Street
- Lonely Man
- Riddle I This
- Monkey Drop
- Clean Race
- Draw Your Brakes Version The Crystalites
- Children Version The Crystalites
- Penny For Your Song Version The Crystalites
- Version Rock Style The Crystalites
- Rosemarie Version The Crystalites
- Sesame Version The Crystalites
- Monkey Drop Version The Crystalites
- Clean Race Version The Crystalites
Fast delivery & returns worldwide