The Ballads Of Child Migration: Songs For Britain's Child Migrants
Between 1869 and 1970, around 100,000 British children were sent overseas without their parents and without consent. These migration schemes were aimed at children believed to be 'deprived of a normal family life', that's to say orphans and children living in poverty. Some found new lives and happy circumstances but many more were merely used as slave labour. They were put to work on farms or sent into domestic service and their stories are littered with tales of sadness, abuse, loneliness and hardship.
Contributing to the album are:
Chris While, Julie Matthews, John McCusker, Jez Lowe, Boo Hewerdine, Kris Drever, Belinda O'Hooley, Heidi Tidow, John Doyle, Ian Carr, Michael McGoldrick, Andy Cutting, Coope Boyes and Simpson.
Deluxe CD Boxset with extended and detailed booklet.
- Small Cases Full Of Big Dreams - Chris While and Julie Matthews
- Barnardo's Party Time - Jez Lowe
- Liberty's Sweet Shore - John Doyle
- Snow To Nova Scotia - Jez Lowe
- Whither Pilgrims Are You Going - Coope Boyes & Simpson, Belinda Oâ€Hooley & Heidi Tidow
- Devil's Heart - Chris While and Julie Matthews
- Leaving All We Know - Jez Lowe/John McCusker/Chris While/Julie Matthews/Belinda O'Hooley
- Landfall - Jez Lowe, Coope Boyes & Simpson
- Pinjarra Dreams - Chris While and Julie Matthews
- The Village Bell - Boo Hewerdine
- Alien Land - Chris While and Julie Matthews
- Tainted Blood - Jez Lowe
- The Man That I Am - Boo Hewerdine
- Why Did I Leave Thee? - Belinda O'Hooley and Heidi Tidow