'Genesis' is the debut album from accordionist Bartosz Glowacki, containing music from various eras and styles including works by D. Scarlatti, Arvo Part, and Piazzolla.
On this disc you can listen to baroque transcriptions alongside original accordion compositions. The disc starts with Sonata in A major K.208 by Domenico Scarlatti followed by L'Egyptienne by J.P. Rameau. The composition for solo accordion The Ruined Cathedral, was written by Vaclav Trojan after the sight of the ruins of Dresden cathedral, destroyed in the 2nd World War. De profundis by Sofia Gubaidulina is one of the most significant pieces written for the accordion canon of the 20th century and refers to the opening of Psalm 130 Out of the depths [I call to Thee, O Lord]. The performance of Pari Intervallo, by Estonian composer Arvo Pärt, originally written for four parts, is the first version released for solo accordion. The Double Concerto by Astor Piazzolla concludes this disc, featuring a fantastic musician Rob Luft. The blend of electric guitar and accordion with chamber orchestra with improvised melodic ornaments is a homage to Nuevo Tango style in classical form of a concerto.
Bartosz Glowacki was awarded the Polish Young Musician of the Year in 2009 and represented Poland at the Eurovision for Young Musicians competition in Vienna. He has performed as a soloist at the Wigmore Hall, the Royal Festival Hall, the Barbican and the Royal Albert Hall. Glowacki founded the Deco Ensemble and has worked with renowned artists such as Trevor Pinnock and Nigel Kennedy and plays regularly with the London Symphony Orchestra, the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra, London Sinfonietta to name a few.
- Scarlatti: Sonata in A major, K.208
- Rameau: L'Egyptienne
- Trojan: The Ruined Cathedral
- Gubaidulina: De profundis
- Part: Pari intervallo
- Vlasov: Five Views on Gulag State - I. A Zone
- Vlasov: Five Views on Gulag State - II. A Stage
- Vlasov: Five Views on Gulag State - III. Thieves
- Vlasov: Five Views on Gulag State - IV. Wood Cutting Area
- Vlasov: Five Views on Gulag State - V. Criminal Authority and Creep
- Piazzolla: Double Concerto 'Hommage a Liege' I. Introduction
- Piazzolla: Double Concerto 'Hommage a Liege' II. Milonga
- Piazzolla: Double Concerto 'Hommage a Liege' III. Tango
Fast delivery & returns worldwide