Mendelssohn, Schubert, Chopin
The German-Swiss Pianist Carl Wolf plays a great romantic programme of piano masterworks including the Schubert sonata D 959 as well as the wonderful Nocturnes op. 27 by Chopin, his second Scherzo in B minor and the miraculous Prelude and Fuge in E minor by Felix Mendelssohn Bartholdy.
Recorded in a beautiful Swiss monastery with fabulous acoustics, Carl Wolf presents a worthwile interpretation of pieces written in the 1830's by composers, who didn't live to be 40 years old.
Born in 1976 in Cologne, pianist Carl Wolf is characterized by his extreme musical versatility. Since finishing his studies in Cologne (Roswitha Gediga) and Basel (Krystian Zimerman), where he graduated with a soloist and a teaching diploma, he has been engaged both as a solo pianist and as a lecturer at the University of Music Basel FHNW, Zurich and the Conservatory of Winterthur. In addition to his performances as a soloist at piano recitals and with different orchestras, in Germany and abroad, he is a sought-after chamber musician and accompanist, and works closely with the cello professors Thomas Demenga, Danjulo Ishizaka and Rafael Rosenfeld. Furthermore, he works with various choirs, in particular with the Cantabile Choir Pratteln (cantabile.ch) and the M?nsterkantorei Basel. Carl Wolf's incredibly quick grasp and his impressive ability to side-reading give him a high degree of flexibility and allow him to steadily grow his musical repertoire in all areas. His debut CD with music by Grieg, Janacek, Bach-Busoni and Schumann was well received by the press and the public.
- Schubert: Sonata in A major - I. Allegro
- Schubert: Sonata in A major - II. Andantino
- Schubert: Sonata in A major - III. Scherzo, Allegro vivace
- Schubert: Sonata in A major - IV. Rondo. Allegretto
- Mendelssohn: Lied ohne Worte in E minor, Op. 102, No. 1
- Mendelssohn: Prelude and Fugue in E minor, Op. 35, No.1 - Prelude
- Mendelssohn: Prelude and Fugue in E minor, Op. 35, No.1 - Fugue
- Chopin: Nocturne in C sharp minor, Op. 27, No.1
- Chopin: Nocturne in D flat major, Op.27, No.2
- Chopin: Scherzo in B flat minor, op.31
Fast delivery & returns worldwide