Cherubini: Faniska (Opera In 3 Acts)
A wonderful and rare recording of Cherubini's opera Faniska, recorded during the Ludwig van Beethoven Easter Festival, 2019.
Few composers enjoyed such a high esteem during their lifetime as the Italian composer Luigi Cherubini (17601842). In 1786, he moved to Paris to pursue his career and shortly afterwards became one of the most influential personalities of the French musical life. His operatic works quickly garnered recognition of the audience, which was due to their outstanding musical qualities and engrossing drama. We cordially invite you to listen to the album containing a concert recording of today's somewhat forgotten opera Faniska by Cherubini.
- Cherubini: Faniska: Act 1 Overture
- No.1 Introduction - Oh Ciel Dove Maggiro?
- No. 2 Recitative And Aria - Ah, Sì, Miei Fidi, A Voi Nel Consegnar
- No.3 Recitative And Cavatina - Ove Mi Conducete?
- No.4 Terzetto - Ah, Seguale Al Dolce Aspetto
- No.5 Coro Di Contadini - Di Queste Selve, Oh Amabile
- Melodramma - La Bona Gente Non Vuol Prenderli
- Aria Di Ballo
- No.6 Finale
- Cherubini: Faniska: Act 2 No. 7 Introduction
- No.8 Recitative And Aria - Qual Orribil Soggiorno!
- No.9 Melodramma And Duo - Ah, Consorte!
- No. 10 Cavatina - Oh Voi, Che Il Rigor Del Destin
- No.11 Trio - Dolce Ne Guai Ristoro
- No.12 Act 2 Finale - Taci, Iniquo, Iniquo Orror Mi Fai
- Cherubini: Faniska - Act 3 No.13 Introduction
- No. 14 March
- No. 15 Coro And Melodramma - Allarmi
- No.16 Quintet - Empio Ferisci, Uccidimi
- No. 17 Quartet - Non Credete, Non Pensate
- No. 18 Soldiers' March
- Act 3 No.19 Finale