The Boy In The Sailor Suit: Expanded & Remastered Edition
- NEW REMASTERED & EXPANDED EDITION OF THE 2007 SOLO ALBUM BY STRAWBS FOUNDER DAVE COUSINS
- WITH THREE BONUS TRACKS
- NEW LINER NOTES BY DAVE COUSINS
- REVIEWS IN “UNCUT”, “MOJO”, “RECORD COLLECTOR”, “PROG” MAGAZINES
- COVERAGE ON RELEVANT WEBSITES & FANZINES
Esoteric Recordings are pleased to announce the release of a new re-mastered and expanded edition of the 2007 solo album by STRAWBS founder DAVE COUSINS.
THE BOY IN THE SAILOR SUIT was Cousins’ second solo album, appearing thirty-five years after his first solo outing TWO WEEKS LAST SUMMER. The album was a fine collection of personal songs and was produced by Chris Tsangarides.
For the recording sessions Dave Cousins assembled a fine cast of musicians; Miller Anderson (guitar), Chas Cronk (bass), Ian Cutler (fiddle) and Chris Hunt (drums) with guests Chris Ball (piano), Tony Attwood (organ) and Elizabeth & Francis Tophill (vocal harmonies). The ensemble was to be known as The Blue Angel Orchestra (a reference to the epic track on Cousins’ first solo album).
Following a few days rehearsal in Teddington, the album was recorded and mixed in just a week at Chris Tsangarides’ studio in Kent, with most tracks recorded live, giving the album a fine spontaneity. The finished album was widely praised upon its release by both STRAWBS fans and critics.
Unavailable for some years, THE BOY IN THE SAILOR SUIT has been newly re-mastered and expanded to include three bonus tracks featuring live performances of songs from the album, recorded in the USA in 2008 and in the UK in 2009.
This release features the original artwork and booklet liner notes by Dave Cousins.
- Never Take Sweets From A Stranger
- Mellow Moon
- The Smile You Left Behind
- Calling Out My Name
- Mother Luck
- Wish You Were Here
- Skip To My Lou
- Lonely Days, Lonely Nights
- Bringing In The Harvest
- Hellfire Blues
- Never Take Sweets From A Stranger (Live)
- Skip To My Lou (Live 2009)
- Hellfire Blues (Live 2009)
Fast delivery & returns worldwide