Ticho Parly Sings Wagner; Lohengrin, Tannhauser Etc
Compact Disc (Audio)
No of Discs:
With his Scandinavian looks and fine physique, Ticho Parly (19281993) seemed predestined to portray Wagner's heroes. Like his fellow-Dane, Lauritz Melchior, Parly began his career as a baritone. He pursued his vocal studies initially in Paris and then in Denmark, Italy and Switzerland. To finance his studies he worked for several years in a travel agency, during which time he also began studies in medicine and acquired a command of other languages. His only known studio recording, portraying some of Wagner's heroes, was recorded for Deutsche Grammophon in 1966. That same year, Parly sang Siegmund in Die Walküre at Bayreuth, made his debut at the Metropolitan Opera as Tristan opposite Birgit Nilsson's Isolde and also appeared as Tannhäuser and as Erik in Der fliegende Holländer, again with Nilsson. At the January 1966 recording sessions, arias by Beethoven and Weber were also recorded, presumably for a further LP, but this never eventuated, and these are released for the first time as part of this collection.
- RICHARD WAGNER: Lohengrin: In Fernem Land, Unnahbar Euren Schritten
- Tannhäuser: Inbrunst Im Herzen
- Parsifal: Nur Eine Waffe Taugt
- Die Walküre: Winterstürme Wichen Dem Wonnemond
- Die Walküre: Ein Schwert Verhieß Mir Der Vater
- Siegfried: Nothung! Nothung! Neidliches Schwert!
- Siegfried: Hoho! Hoho! Hohei! Schmiede, Mein Hammer, Ein Hartes Schwert!
- Siegfried: Daß Der Mein Vater Nicht Ist Waldweben
- Götterdämmerung: Brünnhilde, Heilige Braut!
- LUDWIG VAN BEETHOVEN - Fidelio: Gott! Welch Dunkel Hier! (Act II)
- CARL MARIA VON WEBER- Der Freischütz: Nein, Länger Trag Ich Nicht Die Quälen Durch Die Wälder, Durch Die Auen (Act I)
Fast delivery & returns worldwide