Paul Lewis: Harpscenes
Featuring three brilliant and acclaimed harpist friends of the composer with works dedicated to them, this second disc of Paul Lewis's harp solos on EM Records contains lyrical works, many of them visual in inspiration and some with dramatic scenarios attached.
Lewis's stated intention is "to allow the instrument to sound as beautiful and as idiomatic as possible, with equal emphasis on mellifluousness of melody and richness of harmony."
Lewis's prolific output for his favourite instrument has rapidly gained a worldwide following, and this is the latest in an ongoing series of recordings of what has been described in the United Kingdom Harp Association Magazine as "this luscious oeuvre". Recorded in the beautiful acoustic of St. Mary's Church, Westham, Sussex, whose bells inspired the final track, Westham Welcome.
- Valse Nostalgique
- Lullaby And Music Box Waltz - Lullaby
- Lullaby And Music Box Waltz - Music Box Waltz
- Jane Austen Suite I. Prologue
- Jane Austen Suite II. Country Dance
- Jane Austen Suite III. Romance
- Jane Austen Suite IV. Ride Away
- Four Anticke Dances I. Monsieur Leo's Bassedanse
- Four Anticke Dances II. Master Will's Sarabande
- Four Anticke Dances III. Mistress Nell's Pavan
- Four Anticke Dances IV. Master Kit's Brawl
- Two Soliloquies I. Lingeringly Languid
- Two Soliloquies II. Caressingly
- Two For Fi I. Sunday Morning Meander
- Two For Fi II. Memory Lane
- Tintinnabulations I. Chimes At Chagford
- Tintinnabulations II. Bells At Bosham
- Tintinnabulations III. Westham Welcome
Fast delivery & returns worldwide