We Are An Island, But Were Not Alone.
Sun-baked instrumental meditations played on local string and percussion instruments. Yearning vocals and songs that evoke the mystifying realities of everyday life. Recorded live and outdoors on Grande Comore island by acclaimed producer, Ian Brennan (Tinariwen, Ustad Saami, Zomba Prison Project).
The Comoro islands are known locally as the islands of the moon. We are an island, but were not alone is the first album of original songs ever to be released from the region.
Volume #8 of Glitterbeat's Hidden Musics series.
- Please Protect My Newborn Child From The Spirits
- Mama (Once, We Had A Queen)
- America, Crazy
- The Devil Doesn't Eat Papaya, He Eats Fire
- Prayer For A Better Life
- I've Come To The City (Now My Shoes Are Repaired)
- Bandits Are Doing Bad Deeds
- Love Must Come Before Things
- My Friends Went Abroad & Were Swallowed By The Waves
Fast delivery & returns worldwide