Cristofaro Caresana: L 'Adoratione De' Maggi
The latter was born in Venice and, in Florio's opinion, was one of the most important protagonists of Neapolitan musical life in the second half of the 17th century. Both the music of his cantatas and their performance reflect the Neapolitan spirit of the Baroque in a dramatic and exuberant way.
Tasteful and accomplished singers such as Maria Grazia Schiavo, Giuseppe De Vittorio and Rosario Totaro form the ensemble for the three polyphonic Christmas cantatas, of which the one about the "Adoration of the Three Magi" gave the CD its title.
The programme is completed by the solo cantata "Partenope" for the feast of the Neapolitan patron saint San Gennaro as well as instrumental sonatas from the pen of Pietro Andrea Ziani, in which the strings of the Turchini can demonstrate their virtuosity.
- Cristofaro Caresana: La Veglia - Cantata A 6 Per La Nascita Di Nostro Signore
- Demonio, Angelo E Tre Pastori
- Pietro Andrea Zani: Sonata Op. VII No. 17
- Cristofaro Caresana: Sembri Stella Felice, Partenope Leggiadra
- Pietro Andrea Zani: Sonata Op. VII No. 15
- Cristofaro Caresana: LAdoratione De Maggi
Fast delivery & returns worldwide