Steam Glorious Steam!
Compact Disc (Audio)
No of Discs:
The sound of Britain's great steam locomotives! Thrilling stereo recordings famously captured by Peter Handford on location during the late 1950s and early 1960s: a time when stereo discs were the latest thing. Over an hour of audio, with all tracks digitally re-mastered.
- At Bromsgrove, at the foot of the Lickey Incline
- At Princes Risborough Station
- At Templecombe station, on the SR West of Eng
- On the Carlisle-Edinburgh Waverley route
- Beside The Line To The South of Montrose
- At Basingstoke Station, alongside the SR up lines
- At Basingstoke, just beyond the eastern end of the Station
- At Princes Risborough on the GW & GC line
- Near Princes Risborough Station, later that day
- At the northern end of Grantham Station
- On the Lickey Incline in June 1959
- On the moors near Ribbleshead Viaduct