Childhood Favourites - 50 Treasured Musical Memories
Gathered here are the classic playground hits to which a whole generation sang along - no fewer than 50 timeless tunes first heard in Disney films, as television themes or on one of the most popular request shows in radio history, 'Children's Favourites'. From Shirley Abicair's "Me and My Teddy Bear" to Burl Ives' "Big Rock Candy Mountain", every track in 'Childhood Favourites' is the original artist recording, freshly restored and remastered to sound brighter than ever before.
You'll meet such crazy characters as The Laughing Policeman, The Three Billy Goats Gruff and the eccentric old lady who swallowed a fly. You'll chuckle once more as Max Bygraves tells of romancing toothbrushes and Bernard Cribbins recalls the comic chaos of piano removal gone haywire in Right Said Fred. And who could forget those singing Siamese cats in 'Lady and the Tramp' (voiced by Peggy Lee) or how Nellie The Elephant trundled back to the jungle?
Recapture the magic of a post-war childhood with Woody Woodpecker, Sylvester and Tweety Pie, Pinnochio, Jiminy Cricket and other cartoon heroes... hear the tales of A. A. Milne, Hans Christian Andersen and Edward Lear in unforgettable musical settings... and enjoy such master storytellers as Danny Kaye (The Ugly Duckling), Tommy Steele (Little White Bull) and Flanders and Swann (The Hippopotamus Song) at their incomparable best.
Take a tuneful trip back to those carefree days of nursery and primary school with a compilation filled with joy, adventure and giggles galore.
- Melodi Light Orchestra - Puffin' Billy
- Mel Blanc - I Tat I Taw A Puddy Tat
- Mandy Miller - Nellie The Elephant
- Danny Kaye and the Andrews Sisters - The Woody Woodpecker Song
- Cliff Edwards - When You Wish Upon A Star from 'Pinocchio'
- Vernon Dalhart - The Runaway Train
- Shirley Temple - On The Good Ship Lollipop
- Billy Costello - I'm Popeye The Sailor Man
- Henry Hall and the BBC Dance Orchestra - The Teddy Bears' Picnic
- Anne Stephens - Christopher Robin At Buckingham Palace
- Arthur Askey - The Bee Song
- Annette Mills - Muffin The Mule
- Henry Hall and the BBC Dance Orchestra - Who's Afraid Of The Big Bad Wolf?
- Laurel and Hardy - Trail Of The Lonesome Pine
- Obernkirchen Children's Choir - The Happy Wanderer
- Charles Penrose - The Laughing Policeman
- Flanagan and Allen - Run Rabbit Run
- Reginald Gardiner - Trains Part 1 & 2
- Flanders and Swann - The Hippopotamus Song (Mud Mud)
- Frank Luther - The Three Billy Goats Gruff
- Dinah Shore - Bibbidi-Bobbidi-Boo from 'Cinderella'
- Danny Kaye - Thumbelina
- Danny Kaye - Tubby The Tuba
- Diana Decker - Poppa Piccolino
- Peggy Lee - The Siamese Cat Song from 'Lady And The Tramp'
- Burl Ives - I Know An Old Lady
- Roy Rogers - A Four-Legged Friend
- Rosemary Clooney - Me and My Teddy Bear
- Dick James - Robin Hood
- Frankie Laine - Champion, The Wonder Horse
- Shirley Abicair - Little Boy Fishing
- Max Bygraves - Gilly Gilly Ossenfeffer Katzenellenbogen By The Sea
- Max Bygraves - You're A Pink Toothbrush
- Danny Kaye - The Ugly Duckling
- Tommy Steele - Little White Bull
- Peggy Lee - He's A Tramp from 'Lady And The Tramp'
- Jim Reeves - Bimbo
- The Mudlarks - Lollipop
- The Southlanders - The Mole In The Hole
- Joy Nichols, Jimmy Edwards and Dick Bentley - Little Red Monkey
- Lita Roza - How Much Is That Doggie In The Window?
- Petula Clark - The Little Shoemaker
- The Stargazers - Twenty Tiny Fingers
- The Chipmunks - Ragtime Cowboy Joe
- Burl Ives - The Big Rock Candy Mountain
- Bill Hayes - The Ballad Of Davy Crockett
- Elton Hayes - The Owl And The Pussycat
- Harry Belafonte and Odetta - There's A Hole In My Bucket
- Terry Scott - My Brother
- Bernard Cribbins - Right Said Fred
Fast delivery & returns worldwide