The Unforgettable Kathleen Ferrier
Kathleen Ferrier's remarkable contralto voice, imbued with poignancy and pathos, gave everything she sang an emotional quality that was completely unmatched. This amazing collection gives you over three hours of pure joy and also includes a fascinating biographical booklet. All the tracks have been lovingly restored and digitally re-mastered to sound more vibrant than ever before.
Personnel: Kathleen Ferrier (contralto); Phyllis Spurr (piano); John Newmark (piano); Frederick Stone (piano); Bach Choir; London Symphony Orchestra; London Philharmonic Orchestra, The Jacques Orchestra; National Symphony Orchestra; Sir Adrian Boult, Sir Malcolm Sargent, Reginald Jacques, Clemens Krauss (conductors) and others
- Ma Bonny Lad
- The Keel Row
- Blow The Wind Southerly
- I Have A Bonnet Trimmed With Blue
- O Thou that Tellest Good Tidings of Zion
- He Was Despised (Messiah)
- I Know Where I'm Goin'
- The Fidgety Bairn
- I Will Walk with My Love
- What Is Life to Me Without Thee (Orfeo ed Euridice)
- Frondi Tenere.Ombra Mai Fu (Serse)
- Ca' the Yowes
- O Waly, Waly
- Willow, Willow
- The Stuttering Lovers
- Qui Sedes (Mass in B minor)
- Grief for Sin (St Matthew Passion)
- Have You Seen but a Whyte Lillie Grow?
- Ye Banks and Braes
- Drink to Me Only with Thine Eyes
- Down by the Sally Gardens
- Father Of Heaven from 'Judas Maccabeus'
- Return, O God Of Hosts! from 'Samson'
- Agnus Dei from 'Mass In B Minor'
- Woe Unto Them from 'Elijah'
- O Gracious God! ... If My Tears Be Unavailing from 'St Matthew Passion'
- Rhapsody For Contralto, Male Chorus And Orchestra, Op. 53
- Have Mercy, Lord, On Me from 'St Matthew Passion'
- Four Last Songs, Op. 121
- My Boy Willie
- To Daisies Op. 8, No. 3
- The Lover's Curse
- Now Sleeps the Crimson Petal Op. 3, No. 2
- Over The Mountains
- Hark! The Echoing Air from 'The Fairy Queen'
- Like As The Love-Lorn Turtle from 'Atalanta'
- The Fairy Lough, Op. 72, No. 2
- Pretty Ring-Time
- Kitty, My Love
- Come You Not From Newcastle?
- Silent Noon
- A Soft Day Op. 140, No. 3
- Art Thou Troubled? from 'Rodelinda'
- Die Junge Nonne
- An Die Musik
- Gretchen Am Spinnrade
- Widmung Op. 25, No. 1
- Vieni, Vieni Con Me, Vieni, O Cara from 'Orfeo And Euridice'
Fast delivery & returns worldwide