The Perfect Foyle - Music Inspired By Foyle's War
'Foyle's War' is one of the most popular series on British TV. Its hero (played by Michael Kitchen) is Chief Superintendent Foyle, whose task is to catch criminals who are taking advantage of the confusion that the war has created. In the eighth series (which began March 24th 2013 on ITV), set during the period of 1946 - 1947, the war in Europe is over and Britain is as now a part of the cold war.
Among the many favourites in this collection are "I'm Always Chasing Rainbows" by Perry Como; "Nancy (with the Laughing Face)" by Frank Sinatra; "La Mer" by Charles Trenet, and popular radio themes of the day - "With A Song In My Heart" from 'Two-Way Family Favourites', and "(By The) Sleepy Lagoon" from 'Desert Island Discs'.
- Perry Como - I'm Always Chasing Rainbows
- Frank Sinatra - Nancy (with the Laughing Face)
- Ethel Merman - Doin' What Comes Naturally, from 'Annie Get Your Gun'
- The Ink Spots - The Gypsy
- Vaughan Monroe & His Orchestra - Ballerina
- Judy Garland - On the Atchison, Topeka & the Santa Fe
- Dick Haymes - It Might As Well Be Spring, from 'State Fair'
- The Mills Brothers - You Always Hurt the One You Love
- Issy Bonn - Laughing on the Outside (Crying on the Inside)
- Bing Crosby - I Can't Begin to Tell You
- Alfred Drake & Joan Roberts - People Will Say We're in Love, from 'Oklahoma!'
- Al Jolson - April Showers from 'The Jolson Story'
- Ted Heath & His Orchestra feat. Paul Carpenter & Dave Wilkins - Open the Door, Richard
- Doris Day - You Won't Be Satisfied (Until You Break My Heart)
- Gracie Fields - Now is the Hour
- Freddy Martin & His Orchestra feat. Clyde Rogers - Symphony
- Francis Craig & His Orchestra feat. Bob Lamm - Near You
- The Harmonicats - Peg o' My Heart
- Edmundo Ros & His Orchestra - South America, Take It Away
- Nat Gonella & His New Georgians - One Meat Ball
- Dorothy Squires - (I Love You) For Sentimental Reasons
- Peggy Lee - Golden Earrings
- Georges Guetary & Lizbeth Webb - This Is My Lovely Day, from 'Bless the Bride'
- Charles Trenet
- Josef Locke - Hear My Song, Violetta
- West End Celebrity Orchestra & Louis Voss - In Party Mood
- Andre Kostelanetz & His Orchestra - With a Song in My Heart
- Eric Coates & his Symphony Orch - (By the) Sleepy Lagoon
- Orchestre Raymonde & Robert Preston - Horseguards - Whitehall (from 'London Landmarks' Suite)
- Queen's Hall Light Orchestra & Sidney Torch - Coronation Scot
- Charles Williams & His Concert Orchestra - Devil's Galop
- Welsh Guards Band & F L Statham - Imperial Echoes
- Albert Sandler & His Palm Court Orchestra - Roses from the South
- BBC Theatre Orchestra & Harold Lowe - Oranges and Lemons
- Eric Coates & His Symphony Orchestra - Calling All Workers
- Eric Coates & His Symphony Orchestra - Knightsbridge - March
- Queen's Hall Light Orchestra & Charles Williams - Melody on the Move
- Charles Williams & His Concert Orchestra - The Dream of Olwen
- Queen's Hall Light Orchestra & Robert Farnon - Journey into Melody
- Queen's Hall Light Orchestra & Sidney Torch - Horse Feathers
- Melachrino Orchestra & George Melachrino - Winter Sunshine
- Peter Yorke & His Concert Orchestra - Sapphires and Sables
- Queen's Hall Light Orchestra & Charles Williams - Runaway Rocking Horse
- Sidney Torch & His Orchestra - All Strings and Fancy Free
- Charles Shadwell & His Orchestra - Dancer at the Fair
- New Concert Orchestra & Jay Wilbur - Theatreland
- Mantovani & His Orchestra - The Green Cockatoo
- Kingsway Symphony Orchestra & Tutti Camarata - Fiddle Faddle
- New Century Orchestra & Sidney Torch - Changing Moods No. 2
- Queen's Hall Kight Orchestra & Robert Farnon - State Occasion
Fast delivery & returns worldwide