Live In Telemark
Lillebjorn Nilsen and Irishman Andy Irvine had known each other for about 17 years and when they finally met at the Telemark Festival back in 1994, what they both had dreamt about became a reality. Their collaboration resulted in an exhilarating concert. The live recording is finally released as an album in June this year.
The album is filled with a superb variety of songs, both serious and humorous, characterized by two performers in top form. Norwegian and Irish folk music suit each other admirably.
"We were on the same wavelength from the moment we met," Andy Irvine said. And that Saturday, this common wavelength gave the audience an unforgettable experience.
The two guitar troubadours complement each other perfectly, musically as well as thematically. When Lillebjorn Nilsen sings about the Norwegian emigrant who became The Girl from Chicago, Andy Irvine counters with the homesick Irish emigrant in Indiana.
Lillebjorn Nilsen is a Norwegian singer, songwriter and folk musician. In total he has five Spellemannspriser (Norwegian Grammy's) both as a solo artist and as a part of bigger groups. He is often mentioned as Norway's "Folk King".
Andy Irvine is known as one of the greatest Irish singers and is referred as "a tradition himself". He is also known as the helm of a series legendary bands as the music pioneer he is.
- Jenta I Chicago (The Girl In Chicago)
- Come To The Bower
- Alexander Kiellands Plass
- Stewball And The Monaghan Grey Mare
- Hav Og Himmel (Ocean And Sky)
- My Heart's Tonight In Ireland
- Valle Auto Og Bensin (The Gas Station Song)
- A Prince Amongst Men
- Danse Ikke Grate Na (Dance Do Not Weep)
- Fort Gjort A Glemme (Easy To Forget It)
- Patrick Street/Jig: The Humerous Of Caherlistane, Halling: The Girl With The Farm
- Vidvinkel-stev (The Photographers)
- Haver-hedder/Jig: Strike The Gay Harp
- Martinmas Time / Hornpipe: The Little Stack Of Wheat
- Ola Tveiten (The Road Builder)
Fast delivery & returns worldwide