Beach Diggin' Vol. 5 - Handpicked By Guts & Mambo
Over the last five years and as many volumes of their 'Beach Diggin' compilations, Guts - a French producer/DJ and Mambo - a cult Los Angeles-based painter, have explored the reefs of five continents, dredged the sea beds of countless seas and oceans, examined every single seashell with the aim of making sure that no vinyl pearl should escape their notice.
For this latest instalment of their adventures, Guts and Mambo have organised another expedition around the world, to salute the spots where for the last five years they have uncovered rare specimens, saving some of them from total extinction, while shining a light on others that amply deserved it.
Though each Beach Diggin' compilation can be listened to independently of the others, the five together now form a kind of navigational chart signalling with its green flags the places where, in Africa, Europe, Asia, America, and the South Pacific, they gambolled on sandy beaches, avoiding the well-trodden path, becoming more and more demanding with each passing year. Beach Diggin' is a state of mind...
- Yasuko Agawa - L. A. Nights (Japan)
- African Oyibo - Lite Low (Nigeria)
- Rebles - Sweetest Taboo (soca version) (Trinidad & Tobago)
- Ricardo Marrero & The Group - And We'll Make Love (USA)
- Koko Ateba - Si T'es Mal Dans Ta Peau (Cameroon)
- Sookie feat. Jeannine Otis - Tonight (France)
- Raphael Toine - Femmes Pays Douces (Switzerland )
- Eboni Band - Desire (Ivory Coast)
- Robert J Riggins - I Need You Now (USA)
- Salero - Teardrops & Wine (Australia)
- Momo Joseph - War For Ground ( Cameroon )
- Claude Genteuil - Dreams of Love (Martinique)
- André Marie Tala - Sweet Dole (Cameroon)
- Gatot Soedarto - Sayangilah daku kasih (Malaysia)
- Synchro Rhythmic Eclectic Language - Pasto (Martinique)