Afterglow (Deluxe Edition) (2CD)
Jon Boden, former frontman of progressive folk eleven-piece Bellowhead, has announced details of his new solo album Afterglow, set for release via Hudson Records on October 6, 2017. Afterglow is Boden's first studio release since calling an end to Bellowhead, a 12-year project that culminated in a quarter of a million album sales and worldwide sell-out shows including the Royal Albert Hall.
Afterglow follows on from Boden's 2009 solo concept-album Songs From The Floodplain which lead him to be named as Folk Singer Of The Year at the BBC Folk Awards. Whereas Floodplain largely dealt with the rural setting, Afterglow looks to juxtapose this and immerse the listener within a post-apocalyptic street carnival a location of decaying buildings, burning oil drums and homemade fireworks, in which Boden tells the story of two lovers trying to find one another.
Speaking about the album concept, Boden says: "Like my previous album Songs From The Floodplain, Afterglow imagines a near-future world where the luxuries and comfort of 21st century life have become scarce, and a harder, simpler existence now prevails. Afterglow is the story of a couple who are trying to find each other in the middle of a bonfire-night street carnival in a crumbling, derelict city. I had a wonderful time recording it in Sheffield with the help of my band the Remnant Kings and Andy Bell in the producer's chair."
- Moths In The Gas Light
- Bee Sting
- Wrong Side Of Town
- Fires Of Midnight
- All The Stars Are Coming Out Tonight
- Dancing In The Ruin
- Burning Streets
- Yellow Lights
- Moths In The Gas Light - campfire session
- Afterglow - campfire session
- Bee Sting - campfire session
- Wrong Side of Town - campfire session
- Fires of Midnight - campfire session
- All The Stars Are Coming Out Tonight - campfire session
- Dancing In The Ruin - campfire session
- Burning Streets - campfire session
- Yellow Lights - campfire session
- Aubade - campfire session
Fast delivery & returns worldwide