Doin' What Comes Naturally!
Compact Disc (Audio)
No of Discs:
The irrepressible Ethel Merman, born Ethel Zimmerman in 1909, was one of the great performers of the musical stage. A native New Yorker with a powerful and gutsy voice, she was the star of 14 Broadway musicals in a career that lasted forty years. The British critic Kenneth Tynan once described her voice as 'the most relaxed brass section on earth'! Ethel Merman's first Broadway show was George Gershwin's "Girl Crazy" from 1930 in which she sang the show-stopper "I Got Rhythm". As Merman herself remarked: "When I finished that song on opening night, a star had been born - Me!". Among the musicians playing in the pit orchestra for the show was the young and still unknown trombonist Glenn Miller, drummer Gene Krupa, and even Benny Goodman was featured on clarinet.
- Anything Goes: You're The Top
- Anything Goes: I Get A Kick Out Of You
- Red, Hot & Blue: Ridin' High
- Annie Get You Gun: You Can't Get A Man With A Gun
- Annie Get You Gun: Anything You Can Do
- Annie Get You Gun: I Got Lost In His Arms
- Annie Get You Gun: I Got The Sun In The Morning
- Annie Get You Gun: They Say It's Wonderful
- Annie Get You Gun: Doin' What Comes Natur'lly
- Annie Get You Gun: Moonshine Lullaby
- Annie Get You Gun: I'm An Indian Too
- How Deep Is The Ocean?
- Take A Chance: Eadie Was A Lady
- Kid Millions: An Earful Of Music
- Red, Hot & Blue: It's De-Lovely
- DuBarry Was A Lady: Friendship
- Panama Hattie: My Mother Would Love You
- Panama Hattie: Let's Be Buddies
- Panama Hattie: I've Still Got My Health
- Stars In Your Eyes: I'll Pay The Check
- Stars In Your Eyes: This Is It
- Something For The Boys: Hey, Good Lookin'
- Something For The Boys: He's A Right Guy
Fast delivery & returns worldwide