The Signature Voice of The Platters - Volume 1 - 1955-1961
Williams also occasionally cut solo records during the 50s and he eventually quit The Platters in 1961 to pursue a solo career, signing with Frank Sinatra's new Reprise label, for whom he debuted with an LP, "Tony Williams Sings His Greatest Hits" and a couple of singles, 'Sleepless Nights' and 'The Miracle'.
The two compilations in this "mini-series" anthologise Tony's solo recordings between 1955-62, chronologically; Volume 1 deals with 1955-61, and Volume 2, with 1961-62.
Volume 1 comprises his solo Mercury releases, notably his LP "A Girl Is A Girl Is A Girl" (1959); a couple of Platters singles on which he was given featured billing; and his early Reprise sides.
Tony's Reprise recordings are almost impossible to find elsewhere on CD.
- Oochi Pachi (With Linda Hayes)
- When You Return
- Let's Start All Over Again
- Peg O' My Heart
- Rose Of Washington Square
- Peggy O'Neil
- Mona Lisa
- Ida (Sweet As Apple Cider)
- Ebb Tide (The Platters Featuring Tony Williams)
- (I'll Be With You) In Apple Blossom Time (The Platters Featuring Tony Williams)
- Red Sails In The Sunset (The Platters Featuring Tony Williams)
- Sad River (The Platters Featuring Tony Williams)
- Sleepless Nights
- Movin' In
- The Miracle
- My Prayer
- The Great Pretender
- Only You (And You Alone)
- You'll Never Never Know
- (You've Got) The Magic Touch
- On My Word Of Honour
Fast delivery & returns worldwide