Back to Korea Blues - Black America and the Korean War
Includes songs by such luminaries as, John Lee Hooker, Sunnyland Slim, Jimmy Rogers, Lightnin' Hopkins, Bobby "Blue" Bland and more.
Songs like Sunnyland Slim's "Back To Korea Blues" and John Lee Hooker's "Build Myself A Cave" combine bitterness with jingoism.
Fans of this set will also be interested in 'Win the War Blues' (JASMCD3147) which covers the blues and R&B artists involvement in the Second World War.
Includes fully detailed liner notes.
- Cousin Joe - Post-War Future Blues
- Slim Gaillard - Atomic Cocktail
- Turner Willis - Re-Enlisted Blues
- Ivory Joe Hunter - High Cost, Low Pay Blues
- Smokey Hogg - Unemployment Blues
- John Lee Hooker - Build Myself A Cave
- Sunnyland Slim - Back To Korea Blues
- J.B. Lenoir - Korea Blues
- Sonny Thompson - Uncle Sam Blues
- Jimmy Rogers With His Rocking Four - The World Is In A Tangle
- Johnny Williams - Questionnaire Blues
- Lightnin' Hopkins - Sad News From Korea
- Doctor Ross - Little Soldier Boy
- Willie Mae Thornton - No Jody For Me
- L. B. Lawson - Missing In Action
- Sherman "Blues" Johnson - Lost In Korea
- Bobby Blue Bland - Army Blues
- Soldier Boy Houston - Far East Blues
- Homesick James - Wartime
- Little Maxie Bailey - Drive Soldiers Drive
- Sister Rosetta Tharpe - There's Peace In Korea
- Soldier Boy Houston - Leavin' Korea
- King Perry - Welcome Home Baby
- Memphis Slim & His House Rockers - Four Years Of Torment
- Dizzy Dixon With Al Smith's Combo - Soup Line
Fast delivery & returns worldwide