Slide It On In! 28 Classics Of Slide Guitar Blues 1948-1961
The 28 tracks here feature some of the greatest exponents of the style on a selection of tracks that may not have been hits or even in some instances have been released until many years after their recording. Several of the names like John Lee, John Dudley, Dan Pickett and Pinetop Slim are little known outside of blues collector circles. Others though did enjoy fame across the world for their music and records like, Muddy Waters, Robert Nighthawk, Johnny Shines and Homesick James.
The influence of these musicians began to permeate into rock & roll music during the 1960s.
Compiled and conceived by noted blues expert, Neil Slaven. Includes fully detailed liner notes.
- Muddy Waters - Youre Gonna Miss Me (When Im Dead And Gone)
- Robert Nighthawk - Sweet Black Angel
- John Lee - Blind's Blues
- Dan Pickett Baby, How Long?
- Pinetop Slim - Applejack Boogie
- Homesick James - Johnnie Mae
- St. Louis Jimmy - Florida Hurricane
- Hop Wilson - My Woman Has A Black Cat Bone
- Robert Nighthawk - The Moon Is Rising
- Frankie Lee Sims - Single Man Blues
- Johnny Shines - Ramblin
- Dan Pickett - Chicago Blues
- Homesick James - Homesick
- John Dudley - Po Boy Blues
- Pinetop Slim - Fast Life
- John Lee - Down At The Depot
- Robert Nighthawk - Crying Wont Help You
- Dan Pickett - Thats Grieving Me
- Homesick James - Late Hours At Midnight
- Pinetop Slim - Im Gonna Carry On
- Frankie Lee Sims - Dont Forget Me Baby
- Robert Nighthawk (As The Nighthawks) - Annie Lee Blues
- Johnny Shines - Fishtail
- Dan Pickett - Early One Morning
- Hop Wilson - Merry Christmas, Darling
- Homesick James - Wartime
- Pinetop Slim - Poor Boy
- Hound Dog Taylor - My Baby Is Coming Home
Fast delivery & returns worldwide