Slightly More Than Wonderful
They became a sensation and their sold-out club appearances led to national TV exposure with Perry Como, Garry Moore and Steve Allen. Martha's infectious humour, boisterous singing style and powerful piano, reminiscent of Nellie Lutcher, Julia Lee and Hadda Brooks led to two critically-acclaimed albums for ABC-Paramount, 1957s "Martha Davis & Spouse" & 1958's "A Tribute To Fats Waller", which are now available on CD for the very first time.
Rounding out the release are four rare transcription soundtracks, making a chock-filled collection of 28 songs, guaranteed to put a smile on your face and a tap in your foot.
- Two Sleepy People
- You're Slightly Less Than Wonderful
- I'm Gonna Sit Right Down And Write Myself A Letter
- Keepin' Out Of Mischief Now
- Umbrella Man
- You're Getting To Be A Habit With Me
- Have You Ever Been Lonely?
- Back Street (P.D.)
- The Surrey With The Fringe On Top
- Life Is So Peculiar
- I Like The Likes Of You
- Your Feets' Too Big
- Jitterbug Waltz
- Ain't Misbehavin'
- It's A Sin To Tell A Lie
- The Spider And The Fly
- How Can You Face Me?
- Honeysuckle Rose
- Lulu's Back In Town
- Blue Turning Grey Over You
- Hold Tight (Want Some Seafood Mama)
- Handful Of Keys
- Goodbye, Honey, Goodbye (Live)
- Vip-I-Ty Vip-I-Ty Vop (Live)
- Martha's Boogie (Live)
- We Just Couldn't Say Goodbye (Live)
Fast delivery & returns worldwide