I Done It! The Uptempo Moon Mullican 1949-1958
All of his popular fast tunes are here, from his big hit 'I'll Sail My Ship Alone' to his original version of 'Jambalaya' to the tracks he made with Boyd Bennett and his Rockets as accompanists, including the original of the peerless 'Seven Nights To Rock'.
He was known as the "King of the Hillbilly Piano Players" but in a career that spanned thirty years and four decades, there really were not too many types of music that Moon Mullican couldn't and didn't play with style and swagger.
Texas-born Moon started out singing and playing western swing in the 1930s and finished his career singing and playing unadulterated honky tonk country in the 1960s. In between he recorded everything from sentimental hillbilly to groovy covers of current pop hits to highly convincing R&B and rock 'n' roll, always making room for the kind of music that kept dance floors full throughout the American south.
Remastered as always from the finest available sources, these records all sound as great now as they did 60 to 70 years ago when they were first heard. Another rockin' good time is guaranteed for all who buy this superb Jasmine compilation.
- Rock 'n' Roll Mr. Bullfrog - Moon Mullican With Boyd Bennett And His Rockets
- Grandpa Stole My Baby
- Honolulu Rock-A Roll-A - Moon Mullican With Boyd Bennett And His Rockets
- I'm Mad With You - Moon Mullican With Boyd Bennett And His Rockets
- Short But Sweet
- Hey Mr. Cotton Picker
- Good Deal Lucille
- Moon's Tune
- Seven Nights To Rock - Moon Mullican With Boyd Bennett And His Rockets
- I Done It
- Sugar Beet
- Jose The Mexican Boy
- Pipeliner Blues
- I'll Sail My Ship Alone
- What Have I Done That Made You Go Away
- Cherokee Boogie (Eh-Oh-Alena)
- Don't Ever Take My Picture Down
- Moon's Rock
- Anything That's Part Of You
- Cush Cush Ky-Yay
- Every Which-A-Way
- Jennie Lee
- Early Morning Blues
- You Don't Have To Be A Baby To Cry
Fast delivery & returns worldwide