Jazz in Italian Cinema (Spreading New Sounds from the Big Screen 1958-62)
Composed by the famous "Big 3" film composers Piero Umiliani, Piero Piccioni and Armando Trovajoli as well as pioneering musicians such as Giorgio Gaslini, Chet Baker, the MJQ's John Lewis and Sandro Brugnolini, here are some of the earliest jazz soundtracks that emerged from the golden age of 'Commedia All'Italiana' through to cult experimental cinema (by film directors such as Mario Monicelli through to Michelangelo Antonioni).
The expertly curated collection of high quality jazz ranges from the swing to cool/hard bop of the late 1950s to the expanding possibilities of both the modal and 'third stream' fusions in the early 1960s. Pressed on 180gm vinyl, this is specialist, old school vinyl that features extensive, in-depth sleeve and insert notes written by Jazzwise film expert Selwyn Harris and the Sienna jazz Archivist/author Francesco Martinelli.
- Piero Umiliani - Blues For Gassman Part 1 (from the film I Soliti Ignoti)
- Armando Trovaioli - Oscar Is The Back (from the film Il Vedovo)
- Oscar Is The Blues (from The Film Il Vedovo)
- Armando Trovaioli - Il Vedovo (from the film Il Vedovo)
- Piero Umiliani - Tensione (from the film Audace Colpo Dei Soliti Ignoti)
- Piero Umiliani - Relaxin' with Chet (from the film Audace Colpo Dei Soliti Ignoti)
- Piero Piccioni - L'assassino (from the film L'assassino)
- Piero Piccioni - Finale (from the film Adua E Le Compagne)
- Giorgio Gaslini - Blues All'alba (from the film La Notte)
- John Lewis - In A Crowd (from the film Una Storia Milanese)
- Sandro Brugnolini & Modern Jazz Gang - Robert's Idea (from the film Gli Arcangeli)
- Sandro Brugnolini & Modern Jazz Gang - A Woman In The Sea (from the film Gli Arcangeli)
Fast delivery & returns worldwide