Salvatore Sciarrino: Solo
Compact Disc (Audio)
No of Discs:
Salvatore Sciarrinos oeuvre is the preserve of silence. It can be encountered in the sound spaces of night, in nocturnal trickles, creaks, creepings and wings; filigree sounds disappear into silence and re-appear abruptly and in short bursts, in large, irregular forms. The soundscapes of his music continually probe the thin line between life and death, recollection and oblivion, light and dark, growth and decay. In these transitory realms, the scans of a magical originality find their very own space. This album is part of Klangforum Wiens Solo 5-CD series of recordings of pieces for one performer, which is the ensembles response to the 2020 Covid-19 pandemic.
- Salvatore Sciarrino Due Notturni (1998) Per Pianoforte I.
- Immagine Fenicia (1996) Per Flauto Amplificato
- L'addio A Trachis (1980) Per Arpa
- Fra Se (2009) Per Violino Solo
- Canzona Di Ringraziamento (1985-2018). Mutazione Per Sassofono Contralto
- Ai Limiti Della Note (1979). Trascrizione Per Violoncello Dell'autore All'originale Per Viola
- Let Me Die Before I Wake (1982) Per Clarinetto In Si Bemolle
- Due Notturni Crudeli (2001) Per Pianoforte I.
- Agitato Cantabile (2020). Capriccio Sulla Lontannza