2 DISC EDITION OF THE 2008 ALBUM FROM STEVEN WILSON AND TIM BOWNESS. BONUS DISC INCLUDES ALTERNATIVE VERSIONS, DEMOS AND B-SIDES. NOW AT MID PRICE.
The second release on the Kscope label, No-Man's sixth official studio album, 'Schoolyard Ghosts', its first since 2003's atmospheric break-up album, Together We're Stranger, generated some of the best press and sales of the band's career.
Re-released as a 2CD set in vinyl replica packaging, this new edition features a bonus disc of rare material including demos and alternative versions of tracks from the album, plus b-sides. The bonus disc also includes an EP's worth of Tim Bowness's home studio recordings, which formed the basis of several of the album's songs.
Recorded between Autumn 2007 and Spring 2008, 'Schoolyard Ghosts' is a distinctive combination of beautifully detailed songwriting, haunting melodies and inventively cinematic production.
The album saw No-Man's core duo of Tim Bowness and Steven Wilson expanding the band's sonic palette by collaborating with, amongst others Californian pedal steel ace Bruce Kaphan (American Music Club), saxophonist/flautist Theo Travis, drummers Pat Mastelotto and Gavin Harrison, and the London Session Orchestra (arranged by Dave Stewart).
Contains the semi-orchestral 12 minute epic 'Truenorth', fan favourite 'Wherever There Is Light' and the intense sonic maelstrom of 'Mixtaped'.
- All Sweet Things ( 06:47 )
- Beautiful Songs You Should Know ( 04:25 )
- Pigeon Drummer ( 06:16 )
- Truenorth ( 12:51 )
- Wherever There Is Light ( 04:21 )
- Song Of The Surf ( 06:11 )
- Streaming ( 03:32 )
- Mixtaped ( 08:38 )
- Another Winter ( Demo ) ( 02:33 )
- The City Sounds ( Demo ) ( 02:44 )
- Ominous Dancefloor ( Demo ) ( 04:15 )
- The Place Where You'd Hide ( Demo ) ( 04:15 )
- Truenorth - Part 1 ( Strings ) ( 01:48 )
- Truenorth - Part 2 ( Alternate ) ( 03:37 )
- Beautiful Songs You Should Know ( Alternate ) ( 04:06 )
- Pigeon Beater ( 03:03 )
- Lucky You Lucky Me ( 04:51 )
- Song Of The Surf ( 03:48 )
- Counting ( 04:24 )
- Death Was California ( 03:04 )