A DELUXE KSCOPE LABEL REISSUE OF NO-MAN'S LAUDED FOURTH STUDIO ALBUM.
Originally released on the 3rd Stone label in February 2001, 'Returning Jesus' is a collection of ambitious songs which combine Singer-Songwriter, Art Rock, ECM Jazz, and Ambient influences with the band's unique widescreen production and seductively melancholy compositions.
'Returning Jesus' received highly positive reviews in Mojo, Uncut, Billboard, Classic Rock and other publications at the time of its release and has continued to be seen by both critics and fans as one of the best albums produced by the duo of Tim Bowness and Steven Wilson (both currently enjoying successful solo careers, with Wilson recently reaching the Top 5 album charts in several countries).
Guest musicians include Steve Jansen (Japan/Rain Tree Crow) on drums, Colin Edwin (Porcupine Tree) on bass and double bass, Theo Travis (Soft Machine) on saxophone and flute, and Ian Dixon on trumpet. The late trumpeter Ian Carr (Nucleus), David Kosten (Faultline, Bat For Lashes) and Ben Christophers contribute to the evocative opening piece 'Only Rain'.
The double CD edition contains the original album, plus a bonus CD of b-sides, demos and alternate versions. Features additional artwork and photographs from regular No-Man collaborator Carl Glover.
- Only Rain ( 07:28 )
- No Defence ( 05:20 )
- Close Your Eyes ( 08:25 )
- Carolina Skeletons ( 05:08 )
- Outside The Machine ( 05:46 )
- Returning Jesus ( 05:19 )
- Slow It All Down ( 03:41 )
- Lighthouse ( 08:13 )
- All That You Are ( 04:45 )
- Something Falls ( 03:34 )
- Close Your Eyes ( EP Version ) ( 07:47 )
- Carolina Reprise ( 03:00 )
- Until Tomorrow ( Hi-Fi )
- Chelsea Cap ( 05:25 )
- Darkroom ( 03:52 )
- Until Tomorrow ( Lo-Fi ) ( 03:15 )
- Song About The Heart ( 02:48 )
- Lighthouse ( First Demo ) ( 10:27 )
- Darkroom ( Alternate Version ) ( 05:35 )
- Like A Child ( 04:10 )
- Chelsea Cap ( Alternate Version ) ( 06:50 )
- Lighthouse ( Second Demo ) ( 08:58 )
- Slow It All Down ( Long Version ) ( 05:13 )
- All That You Are ( Demo ) ( 04:36 )