French Sonatas For Cello & Piano
The Belgian violin virtuoso Eugene Ysaye (1858-1931) gave the first performances of many works in Le Salon de La Libre Esthetique, where works by Franck, Chausson, DIndy, Debussy and Ropartz were also often on the programme.
We have brought new life to these unjustly forgotten works as a musical testimony to a bygone era. Jan Michiels and I sincerely hope that they will once again find their place in todays concert halls.
We prepared these pieces during the first lockdown and recorded them just before the second lockdown of the Covid-19 pandemic in Brussels in 2020. We feel deeply connected, both emotionally and artistically, to the artists and all others who have been gravely affected by this disease, and therefore dedicate this CD to the many thousands of its victims and their families, and to all doctors, nurses and carers, wherever they may be. - Viviane Spanoghe
- JEAN HURE: Sonata In F Sharp Minor In One Movement For Cello And Piano (1903)
- ERNEST CHAUSSON: Piece Op.39 In C Major For Cello And Piano (1897)
- JEANNE BARBILLION: Sonate Synthetique In One Movement For Cello And Piano (1930)
- VINCENT D'INDY: Lied, Op.19 In B Flat Major For Cello And Orchestra Or Piano (1885)
- JOSEPH-GUY ROPARTZ: Sonate No. 2 In A Minor For Cello And Piano (1918-1919)
Fast delivery & returns worldwide