Colours Of Christmas
More than half the music is Norwegian, written by composers Kim André Arnesen, Svein Moller, Tove Knutsen and Fredrik Sixten. The last-mentioned is Swedish, but was formerly Director of Music of Nidaros Cathedral in Trondheim, where he also lives. Many of the carols have never been recorded, and in this process we have had an exciting collaboration with several of the composers.
The tracks on the album vary between a cappella choir and choir with instrumental accompaniment. Working with the instrumentalists has been very inspiring and an enriching experience for the choir and has contributed to the growth and development of the young singers.
The recordings have been made in the marvelous acoustic setting of Bragernes Church, which is the choir's regular venue. The recording of this Christmas album began in the spring of 2019 but stopped entirely due to COVID-19. The remaining tracks were recorded in the spring of 2021.
Beate Stromme Fevang (Conductor)
- Arnesen: Julenatt
- Rutter: The Colours of Christmas
- Arnesen: Flight Song
- Sixten: Rejoice!
- Knutsen: Den minste stjerna
- Rehnqvist: Var inte radd for morkret
- Arnesen: Cradle Hymn
- Arnesen: I Will Light Candles This Christmas
- Rutter: Candlelight Carol
- Trad: Ding Dong! Merrily On High! (Arr. Ed Lojeski)
- Arnesen: Searching Love
- Moller: Surely Goodness and Mercy
- Stroope: Lux Aeterna
- Leontovich: Carol of the Bells
- Sixten: God, We Praise Thee!
Fast delivery & returns worldwide