Friedrich Christian Samuel Morhheim: Cantatas & Arias
Friedrich Christian Samuel Mohrheim was educated by the older Bach. The later Kapellmeister at St. Mary's Church in Gdansk combines the solid craftsmanship he received from the great Thomaskantor with the elegantly light tone of his time to great advantage.
In the tenth installment of "Musica Baltica", Andrzej Szadejko and his Goldberg Baroque Ensemble again present world premiere recordings, including cantatas from Mohrheim's oeuvre, yet another highlight in this series rich in surprising highlights.
Mohrheim must have been very busy in Gdansk; about a hundred works are documented from his pen, most of which he composed before he succeeded his father-in-law Freislich (MDG 9022209) in the position.
Today, many of these works are lost or have survived only in fragments. For the great occasions in St. Mary's Church, he also composed works for several choirs, such as the magnificent cantatas "Uns ist ein Kind geboren" (To us a child is born) and "Ehresei Gott in der Höhe" (Glory to God in the highest).
The double-choir cantatas on this SACD recording gain an almost unbelievable depth, which comes to the fore in an overwhelming way in the three-dimensional reproduction of this high-resolution Super Audio CD.
- Der Herr Ist Mit Mir - Festo Annunciationis Mariae.
- Uns Ist Ein Kind Geboren. Cantata Am Ersten Weihnachtsfeiertage. Feria 1. Nativit: Christi
- Ehre Sey Gott In Der Hohe. Cantata - Feria Prima Nativitatis Christi.
- Tochter Des Himmels. Aria Communio.
- Auserwahlte Schar. Festo Michaelis
- Der Herr Ist Gott, Der Uns - Erleuchtet. Feria 2. Pentecost
Fast delivery & returns worldwide