Original Sound OF Burkino Faso
'The Original Sound of Burkina Faso' follows the hugely successful 'The Original Sound of Mali' compilation released in March this year, also on Mr Bongo. Here we have a collection of songs that pay tribute to a truly golden age of music; touching on folk, funk, blues, highlife, disco, psyche, latin, rock and soul.
Burkina Faso may be one of the least well-known parts of West Africa but it has a deep history and musical pedigree. A few years before President Thomas Sankara changed his country's name from Upper Volta to its current one, a new sound emerged to soundtrack a cultural revolution.
Featuring music by Abdoulaye Cisse, Amadou Balake, Pierre Sandwidi & Super Volta, Tidiani Coulibaly & Dafra Star, Bozambo, Youssouf Diarra and more.
Available as deluxe 2-LP gatefold vinyl, CD and digital. Including a booklet with extensive liner notes and photography. Compiled by David 'Mr Bongo' Buttle and Florent Mazzoleni.
- Abdoulaye Cisséjeunesse Wilila
- Pierre Sandwidiboy Cuisinier
- Abdoulaye Cisséaw Yé Douba Ké
- Tidiani Coulibaly & Dafra Star*de Nwolo
- Mangue Kondé & Le Super Mande*touba
- Amadou Balakéwhisky Et Coca-Cola
- John Oumar Nabollé mba Lalé
- Amadou Balaké013super Bar Konon Mousso
- Mangue Kondé Et Les 5 Consulspop Kondé
- Tidiani Coulibaly & Dafra Starsie Koumgolo
- Youssouf Diarra (Dit El Grand Ballaké)013djanfa Magni
- Abdoulaye Cissé & Super Voltaa Son Magni
- Amadou Balaké013wayisjelequeyele
- Amadou Balaké013aminata Du Thé
- Pierre Sandwidi & Super Voltayamb Ney Capitale
Fast delivery & returns worldwide