Another Lonely Song / Woman To Woman
RE-PRESS: CD ORIGINALLY RELEASED IN 2017
- Tammy Wynette, known as the “First Lady of Country Music”, was one of the music’s truly iconic figures.
- This much beloved entertainer - during a twenty-seven year recording career - saw the release of 42 studio albums and charted 73 singles.
- By the time the two albums in this collection were released, producer Billy Sherrill had developed a distinctive styling for the hit-making singer, with her “sob in the voice” heightening the emotions of songs’ lyrics, perfectly blending in with the smooth musicianship and string arrangements and backup vocals by The Jordanaires.
- Both albums were released in 1974 and each was headed up by a hit single. ‘Another Lonely Song’ gave the singer her 14th 1 solo chart single. The album also included covers of three already proven country hits ‘Satin Sheets’, ‘Keep Me In Mind’ and ‘Help Me Make It Through The Night’.
- Seven months later came “Woman To Woman” with its Billy Sherrill penned title track reaching No. 4 in Billboard’s Country Singles Chart and offering another touch of home-spun feminine advice. Once again, the album presents songs from many of the most respected writers in the business – Dave Loggins’ ‘Please Come To Boston’, Mickey Newbury’s ‘I Don’t Think About Him No More’ and Shel Silverstein’s ‘For The Kids’, the last revealing that this one-time Playboy cartoonist was more than just a humourist.
- ANOTHER LONELY SONG
- CRYING STEEL GUITAR
- WHAT MY THOUGHTS DO ALL THE TIME
- STAYIN' HOME WOMAN
- SATIN SHEETS
- HELP ME MAKE IT THROUGH THE NIGHT
- KEEP ME IN MIND
- OH, HOW I MISS HIM
- WITH CHILD
- ONE FINAL STAND
- WOMAN TO WOMAN
- RIGHT HERE IN YOUR ARMS
- WHAT'S A LITTLE RAIN
- THIS TIME I ALMOST MADE IT
- PLEASE COME TO BOSTON
- I DON'T THINK ABOUT HIM NO MORE
- FOR THE KIDS
- THE WOMAN I AM
- TOUCHING LOVE
- I'VE BEEN LOVED BEFORE (BUT NOT LIKE THIS)
Fast delivery & returns worldwide