Saginaw Michigan / The Sad Side Of Love Puttin? On / Plus 16 Bonus Tracks
Compact Disc (Audio)
No of Discs:
Brilliant Case (Jewel Case size, Holds 2 CDs)
- There are few artists in country music more highly praised, or influential, as Lefty Frizzell. With a vocal styling often imitated but never matched, he found one of his greater advocates in Merle Haggard though musicians such as Keith Whitley, Johnny Rodriguez and Randy Travis were amongst others who also acknowledged his influence on their work.
- The son of an oil field worker, William Orville Frizzell was born in Corsicana, Texas on 31st March 1928 but raised in Dorado, Arkansas when his family moved there shortly after his birth.
- In a 25 year recording career, he gave country some of its most iconic recordings, adding a highly distinctive, vowel-bending singing style to the honky-tonk sounds of his native Texas. But with success came the demons and Lefty Frizzell was also one of the music’s most tragic figures.
- He paid the price for the years of heavy drinking and this, combined with high blood pressure, led to him suffering a massive stroke. He died on 19th July 1975. He was just 47 years old.
- Seven years later, his considerable contribution to country music was recognised in his induction to Nashville’s Country Music Hall of Fame.
- In 1964 the “Saginaw Michigan” album reached No. 2 in the album charts and the title track spent four weeks at No. 1 in the singles chart remaining there for 26 weeks.
- ‘The “Sad Side of Love” (1965) and “Puttin’ On’” (1967) appear on a UK CD for the first time.
- This fabulous release also features 16 Bonus Tracks that were released as singles between 1964 and 1971.
- Saginaw Michigan
- What Good Did You Get (Out Of Breaking My Heart)
- Theres No Food In This House
- When It Rains The Blues
- Hello To Him (Goodbye To Me)
- James River
- Im Not The Man Im Supposed To Be
- Through The Eyes Of A Fool
- I Was Coming Home To You
- Dont Let Her See Me Cry
- Lonely Heart
- Shes Gone Gone Gone
- Running Into Memories Of You
- I Dont Trust You Anymore
- Preparations To Be Blue
- Love Looks Good On You
- Its Bad (When Its Thataway)
- How Far Down Can I Go
- I Can Tell
- A Little Unfair
- Woman, Let Me Sing You A Song
- Little Old Wine Drinker Me
- Get This Stranger Out Of Me
- You Gotta Be Puttin Me On
- Almost Persuaded
- When The Rooster Leaves The Yard
- Anything You Can Spare
- A Prayer On Your Lips Is Like Freedom In Your Hands
- You Dont Have To Be Present To Win
- I Just Couldnt See The Forest (For The Trees)
- Money Tree
- Heart (Dont Love Her Anymore)
- The Rider
- Make That One For The Road A Cup Of Coffee
- Mama! (1966 Version)
- Writing On The Wall
- Everything Keeps Coming Back (But You)
- A Song From A Lonely Heart
- When The Grass Grows Green Again
- Wasted Way Of Life
- An Article From Life
- Only Way To Fly
- She Brought Love Sweet Love
- Watermelon Time In Georgia
- Out Of You
- I Must Be Getting Over You
- What Am I Gonna Do
- Honky Tonk Stardust Cowboy
Fast delivery & returns worldwide