Not Available: 2CD Preserved Edition
- THE LEGENDARY ALBUM REMASTERED, PLUS THE ENTIRELY UNRELEASED ‘X IS FOR XTRA’ TAPES.
- 19 PREVIOUSLY UNRELEASED TRACKS - FIFTY MINUTES OF NEW MUSIC!
- CD2 ENTIRELY COMPRISES MATERIAL EXTRACTED BY THE RESIDENTS FROM THE ORIGINAL MULTI-TRACK TAPES.
- REMASTERED FROM THE ORIGINAL TAPES AND PRODUCED BY THE RESIDENTS AND THE CRYPTIC CORPORATION.
- ESSAY BY JIM KNIPFEL AND SLEEVENOTES BY THE RESIDENTS’ MYSTERIOUS ARCHIVIST.
- LONG-AWAITED BY THE RESIDENTS’ LARGE INTERNATIONAL FANBASE!
Formed in the early 1970s, The Residents have been charting a unique path through the musical landscape for almost fifty years. From far-out, experimental recordings to highly conceptual, innovative multi-platform projects, the band refuses to stand still, and continues to move in several different directions at once.
Among the band’s extensive back catalogue, one record sits alone – composed in accordance with the group’s infamous Theory Of Obscurity, ‘Not Available’, and the saga that surrounded its release, comprises perhaps the most truly ‘Residential’ work the group have yet produced, and remains their most intriguing album among fans and critics alike. Now, over forty years after that saga unfolded, and produced using the original masters and multitrack tapes, this package explores and expands the classic album in unprecedented detail – Disc 2 reveals the original 1974 ‘X Is For Xtra (A Conclusion)’ recordings which were adapted, edited, remixed and reprocessed into ‘Not Available’ by Ralph Records in 1978. Familiar and recognisable in places, entirely unheard in others, this revelatory new material sheds paradigm-shifting light on a masterpiece of 20th Century pop culture.
Remastered, expanded, and pREServed for future generations - this is The Residents as we’ve always wanted to hear them, and the latest in a series of archival reissues that will continue throughout 2020 and beyond. Look out for forthcoming ‘American Composers’, ‘Cube-E’, ‘Freak Show’ and ‘Gingerbread Man’ sets.
- Part One: Edweena
- Part Two: The Making Of A Soul
- Part Three: Ship's A'going Down
- Part Four: Never Known Questions
- Ships A'going Down (1982 Rehearsal)
- Ships A'going Down (Live, 1986)
- Mourning Glories (Live, 2014)
- Mehico Ron Devoo
- Theme From X (With Roman Overtones)
- Theme From X (Pt 2)
- Solome And Goiter
- New Mexico Dream
- Ho Ho Bumped His Toe
- Where To Begin?
- Fairly Well
- Love Sprong
- Ah Spare Us, Gus
- Slow Texture
- Tennessee Williams
- Little A (An Authentic Folk Song)
- Anaconda Montana
- Tune Of The Unknown
- Soundtrack Music Piece 17
- O Solo Meow
- Mehico Ron Devoo Finale
Fast delivery & returns worldwide