Beethoven: Gegenliebe - Songs
His repertoire ranges from baroque masterpieces, classical and romantic repertoire to 20th and 21st century compositions. His discography includes several award-winning recordings.
His Lied recordings, including "Die Schone Mullerin" and his two albums of Strauss songs, the most recent of which was awarded the German Record Critics' Prize, have attracted particular attention.
On his latest recording, Behle now presents a selection of Beethoven songs, accompanied by Jan Schultsz on fortepiano. Unlike Schubert or Schumann, Beethoven is not immediately associated with the Lied; one associates him more with the representative of the grand gesture.
Nevertheless, this does not prevent him from leaving almost one hundred songs to posterity. "An die ferne Geliebte" (1851/1816) is undoubtedly one of the most famous of these works.
- Beethoven: Ich Liebe Dich So Wie Du Mich WoO 123
- Adelaide Op. 46
- La Tiranna (Canzonetta) WoO 125
- Bitten Op. 48 Nr. 1
- Busslied Op. 48 Nr. 6
- Maigesang Op. 52 Nr. 4
- Lebensgluck Op. 88
- Der Wachtelschlag WoO 129
- Als Die Geliebte Sich Trennen Wollte WoO 132
- In Questa Tomba Oscura WoO 133
- Andenken WoO 136
- Gesang Aus Der Ferne WoO 137
- Neue Liebe, Neues Leben Op. 75 Nr. 2
- Es War Einmal Ein Konig Op. 75 Nr. 3
- Der Zufriedene Op. 75 Nr. 6
- Dimmi, Ben Mio, Che Mami Op. 82 Nr. 1
- Tintendo Sì, Mio Cor Op. 82 Nr. 2
- Mit Einem Gemalten Band Op. 83 Nr. 3
- An Die Hoffnung Op. 94
- An Die Ferne Geliebte Op. 98
- Ariette (Der Kuss) Op. 128
- Seufzer Eines Ungeliebten Und Gegenliebe WoO 118
Fast delivery & returns worldwide