Staring At The Rude Boys: The British Ska Revival 1979-1989: Capacity Wallet (3CD)
Compact Disc (Audio)
No of Discs:
Fat Double (a 2.5cm thick jewel case, fits several
- This 3 CD, 70 track compilation provides the most comprehensive release to date to cover the UK Ska Revival 1979-1989.
- From the ‘Big 5’ of The Specials, Madness, The Beat, Selecter and Bad Manners, through to ‘one off’ highly collectable rarities from the likes of The RB’s, The Thrillers and The Gangsters and loads in between.
- Hit singles from the likes of The Lambrettas (‘Poison Ivy’) and The Piranhas (‘Tom Hark’), ‘comeback’ recordings from original Ska pioneers Laurel Aitken, Rico and Desmond Dekker, ‘novelty’ 45’s from the likes of The Burtons, The Charlie Parkas and Max Headroom and ‘New Ska’ sounds from late 80’s outfits like The Deltones , The Hotknives and Maroon Town – this release has it all.
- Many of the bands and tracks featured acted as a ‘launch-pad’ for later more successful acts – Tears For Fears evolved from Graduate, The Mission’s Wayne Hussey debuted in the Ded Byrds, Fine Young Cannibals Roland Gift can be found fronting The Akrylykz and the Reluctant Stereotypes laid the foundations for King.
- A near 10,000 word sleeve note provides info on each track in the fully illustrated 44 page booklet.
- If you only ever buy one Ska Revival compilation then it has to be Staring At The Rude Boys.
Fast delivery & returns worldwide